875830867_seLvk-XL.jpg

5)
875831010_hPTUE-XL.jpg

Comments

• Options
    lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2010
    Great series Jenn clap.gif.

I think all the images are essential to this series.
    I specifically like #2--I'm not sure why he's looking at the symbols, but I like his suit and pose, hands in pocket, and the glimpse we see of his dilapidated surroundings.

I can't stop looking at #4 and #5.
    #4 did he put the chair there, or just found a nice seat on top of the rubble headscratch.gif, it's a little baffling.

and #5 because I love kids' attitudes and you captured it beautifully.

Again, great series.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited May 26, 2010
    #4 got my attention thumb.gif
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,929 moderator
    edited May 26, 2010
    Looks like Clyfford Still was there in #3. Love it. #4 has tremendous potential as a surrealist pic, but for me the guy is just too small to make it work. If it were mine I would crop off the right two-thirds and see what it looks like as a 2x3. My first reaction to #2 was, man, there sure are a lot of forbidden things, and I had to laugh when I looked a little more closely and realized that it must be some sort of driving instruction thing. Nice set. thumb.gif.
  • Options
    gorallygorally Registered Users Posts: 38 Big grins
    edited May 26, 2010
    #1, 4 and 5 are good. I think #4 with portriat of the sitting man with the tree and a bit of the ruins will be a good shot too. #1 and #5 captured the life style in Dailan, although not strong but got a feel of it.
    Ed
  • Options
    michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2010
    These were shot over a three hour walk last Saturday on my first trip to the city. I had had two days of business meetings previously and needed to get amongst it instead of hanging around shiny clean offices and malls.

I thought about calling #3 "Proto-Pollock". I also have a few other angles of #4 "Man in chair" that I can play with, but I was going for him being small atop his rubble pile against the urban landscape.

Thanks for taking the time to look and comment.
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,929 moderator
    edited May 28, 2010
    michswiss wrote: »
    I also have a few other angles of #4 "Man in chair" that I can play with, but I was going for him being small atop his rubble pile against the urban landscape.
    That's the right idea, but maybe not that small. Hope you can come up with another, as it could be brilliant. thumb.gif
  • Options
    rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited May 28, 2010
    Took great advantage of your business trip!

#1 & 2 are okay as part of a set, but otherwise just okay.

#3 is quite a visual treat

#4 -- I agree with Richard's comments on cropping as it is so ripe with possibilities. My humble suggestion is to change the aspect ratio to 4:3 (or maybe 5:4), leaving all the same except to cut off some of the right side.

#5 captures the fun they are having as friends.
  • Options
    Captain TurnipCaptain Turnip Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited June 5, 2010
    #1 is truly wonderful - the colors. White seems to be playing hide and seek and peeking out from a few places. Really nice.