Stressed Texture

DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
edited April 29, 2012 in Other Cool Shots
I was reading in the new dgrin challange 101 for Texture. In the read JAG (Joyce) used the description word "stressed" in relation to pushing certain modifications of an image.
Think thats what she meant :scratch :D
What a great word she used to describe what can occur through the levels of various adjustments.
It is of course Perfect :thumb I thought radical and such worked fine but I think I'm going to go with stressed from now on :lust Very refined.

From today, I just had to see how stressed I could get it and leave something remaining. Perhaps even worth looking at :D

Iced Rust
StressedTexture2Web7429-L.jpg

Flipped it over. Maybe better viewed this way. Unsure
StressedTextureWeb7429-L.jpg
Michael

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator
    edited April 24, 2012
    Fine work, Michael. clap.gif My preference is for the second one. Maybe that's because I'm right handed, or am used to reading from left to right. Dunno. I think it would be interesting to hear the reasons other people have for preferring one to the other.
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2012
    You're a bit of a mystery to me, Michael. You keep a low profile for a spell and then you burst out with some images that are really exceptional....such as these and your recent silhouette shot. Maybe that's the mark of a genius?

The word " stressed " works for me. The treatment of the rust here is terrific. I'll go with the second offering....I'm right-eared and the waves this image puts out, coming from that direction, play up to my strength.:D

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • lensmolelensmole Registered Users Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2012
    The location of the black hole as something to do with it, I think, my eyes seem to exit the first one but in the second I stay in the image longer.
  • toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2012
    Very nice, are you a closet "Rustie"

good job
    Rags
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2012
    torags wrote: »

good job

Yo Rags,

You have to get up to speed, brother. Old Michael is about as strong a RUST JUNKIE as there is. He sits at the number 1 table when we all get together.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited April 24, 2012
    Yo Rags,

You have to get up to speed, brother. Old Michael is about as strong a RUST JUNKIE as there is. He sits at the number 1 table when we all get together.

Tom

Hehehe.... good on ya Michael
    Rags
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2012
    "Stressed" indeed--perfect word and perfect shot! I prefer the second one; for some reason, it seems to draw me into the shot while the first one seems to push me out. It is probably as Richard said, that I read left to right so that is the way my eye travels. Well done!

Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2012
    Interesting opinions. I like the first one because it goes up, the second one gives me a sense of vertigo. Just me.
  • AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2012
    Really well done Michael........I like the second one the best..... I read and article awhile back and the author felt all pictures were read left to right and used that thought when he composed pictures....
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2012
    Richard wrote: »
    Fine work, Michael. clap.gif My preference is for the second one. Maybe that's because I'm right handed, or am used to reading from left to right. Dunno. I think it would be interesting to hear the reasons other people have for preferring one to the other.

Appreciate your comments Richard. Thanks once again :D Nice to have those preferences coming in for which orientation works for each and why. Great suggestion that. Think we will all get something out of it.
    I know I will be lots more considerate of my preferences before I choose which orientation goes out as a final.
    Michael
    edited April 26, 2012
    You're a bit of a mystery to me, Michael. You keep a low profile for a spell and then you burst out with some images that are really exceptional....such as these and your recent silhouette shot. Maybe that's the mark of a genius?

Maybe its just strangeness good buddy :D You know ... odd duck stuff rolleyes1.gif

But I can tell its mighty kind of ya ta say. Thank you Tom.

I gotta get out and let more air out of tires. Still just a little too firm on the road :D:D:D
    Michael
    edited April 26, 2012
    lensmole wrote: »
    The location of the black hole as something to do with it, I think, my eyes seem to exit the first one but in the second I stay in the image longer.

Thanks for letting us know how you see it best. Appreciate your input thumb.gif I see your point and can relate more and more :D
    Michael
    edited April 26, 2012
    torags wrote: »

good job

:D Thank you Rags :D
    Am delighted you like the work.

To answer your question... Yes, I am rust junkie. Good stuff that thumb.gif A favorite subject. And here on dgrin, I am in good company with you all.
    Michael
    edited April 26, 2012
    redleash wrote: »
    "Stressed" indeed--perfect word and perfect shot! I prefer the second one; for some reason, it seems to draw me into the shot while the first one seems to push me out. It is probably as Richard said, that I read left to right so that is the way my eye travels. Well done!

Lauren

It is a just a pefect word and thanks for saying about the shot. Appreciate that Lauren :D:D:D
    Michael
    edited April 26, 2012
    Juano wrote: »
    Interesting opinions. I like the first one because it goes up, the second one gives me a sense of vertigo. Just me.

Agreed about the points each person brings to the table. Hear ya when it comes to that vertigo thing, but I am not getting ill this time. Usually I do. Here I get the sense of being above and looking down from way elevated without the unbearable sense of height. The first one gives me that I am looking into a tunnel and in the other it is above and emanating waves radiating out. Or is it the other way around headscratch.gif
    Illusions are strange things.
    Michael
    edited April 26, 2012
    Azzaro wrote: »
    Really well done Michael........I like the second one the best..... I read and article awhile back and the author felt all pictures were read left to right and used that thought when he composed pictures....

Very pleased you like this result and appreciate your sharing your thoughts. Always nice :D
    Michael
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2012
    Stressed .... interesting word used to push the limits on editing. Is that 'stressed in the person' or 'stressing the image' headscratch.gif:D

The second photo is more calming for my eyes, but I like the 1st one more. To me in the first I'm heading up into a tunnel vs downwards in the 2nd photo.
    edited April 29, 2012
    Dogdots wrote: »
    Stressed .... interesting word used to push the limits on editing. Is that 'stressed in the person' or 'stressing the image' headscratch.gif:D

The second photo is more calming for my eyes, but I like the 1st one more. To me in the first I'm heading up into a tunnel vs downwards in the 2nd photo.

I like that you thought of "stressed in the person" It is something to consider and like you I did too.

More calming? Really? :cool Cool beans nod.gif

Am very glad you would give either consideration and that you like it.
    Michael