My third work with an umbrella

alaiosalaios Registered Users Posts: 668 Major grins
edited April 1, 2015 in People
Hi all,
this is my third post here showing a more recent shot (three weeks old) of a young lady that wanted to pose. Time wise I had only 10 minutes and here are my four shots.

I will be also giving my comments as a way to see how good my self criticism is or not :) (That by comparing your comments)

Ready?

1. I liked my on fly idea to ask her to use this hat to hide a bit her face. I think the implementation lacks though. Angle not the best and her expression does not match fully with the way she is holding the hat
i-8xQDpcF-L.jpg

2. I guess that one would be the favorite for the most...It is an okay shot. Nothing too great but still okay. Perhaps I should have shot this a bit from a lower angle.
i-hcmVs4W-L.jpg

3. I like this one too. Nothing tooo comment on so your critics are welcome
i-J4fz8wG-L.jpg

4. I guess parents and siblings might not like that one.. but for me is my best shot. Why? Because it has a bit of character .. and it reveals my problem on looking at what people would like the most or keep in the lonely path of my "artist"
i-FKQ6TLZ-L.jpg

That would be all for now... Feel free to contribute.

regards
Alex

Comments

• HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited March 16, 2015
    Judging by your shadows I'm guessing your umbrella was about 6 to 8 feet away. Am I close in assuming that?
  • VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited April 1, 2015
    Parents love photos of their kids no matter what.. you can do both ! I don't care for #1.. it is too stark for me but for the rest you are doing a good job getting the basics right !! Sometimes letting the kids do what they want will warm them up to working with you with posing etc.
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700