RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator
edited May 31, 2010 in Street and Documentary
883392498_M2dZA-XL.jpg

883394140_matLp-XL.jpg
C&C always welcome.

Comments

• Wil DavisWil Davis Registered Users Posts: 1,692 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2010
    I dunno, but I think #1 is not quite balanced…

…however, I love #2, especially the disapproving look of Woman #1

…also in #2 I love the way Woman #1 is holding on to her blind (?) friend who seems oblivious to the dancer and who if left unchecked would obviously wander out of the frame ( :D )

In both pictures, the look of total detachment on the face of the dancer herself is well captured!

Nice job!

thumb.gif

- Wil
    "…………………" - Marcel Marceau
  • bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2010
    Olel Indeed :D

#2 for me thumb.gif
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2010
    for me it is #1.......you captured some real motion there.....#2 looks almost static and to me posed.....as opposed to the energy I see in #1.......
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2010
    Love #1! Dynamics are superb and well-timed with the passerbys. I do not like the amount of "grain-effect" in the closest person, though.

#2 actually detracts from the strength of #1 as now I know that she is out on the street performing, which was ambiguous if #1 were a stand alone shot.
  • BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2010
    I like the balance on #2 a little more. I wonder if you cropped out the light pole in #1 if that would change things. I also like the reaction of the ladies in #2 to put it more into context. To me #1 seems more like the image is a poster the people in front are walking past.

Still way cool.
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
  • FlowermanFlowerman Registered Users Posts: 141 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2010
    Richard, Wow - Each shot can stand on its' own. The dancer is doing her stuff - no matter what and, the onlookers are indicating a "what the...", is she doing on a public street.
    I like them both.
    ED
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator
    edited May 31, 2010
    Thanks for the feedback, everyone. Much appreciated. I think Wil is right that #1 is unbalanced--the left upper quarter is pretty much empty--but I don't think that there's much I can do about it now. I can't think of a crop that doesn't lose something I want to keep. The grain is high ISO noise--this was shot in rather low light. I did some noise reduction, but I didn't want it to end up looking too much like plastic. ne_nau.gif
  • FlyingginaFlyinggina Registered Users Posts: 2,639 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2010
    Love them both, but #2 is my favorite!!

Virginia

Email
  • JavierJavier Registered Users Posts: 152 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2010
    I think number 2 is very clever. Love the composition and the expressions are priceless.
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator
    edited May 31, 2010
    Thanks, Virigina and Javier. thumb.gif