Sunrise wedding

tenoverthenosetenoverthenose Registered Users Posts: 815 Major grins
edited October 4, 2012 in Weddings
Actually it was before sunrise. The bride asked me when the best time of day for a wedding would be and I told her that I've always wanted to do one at sunrise (I'm a morning person). So much fun to work in easy light! Tons more over on my site.

006-Yosemite-sunrise-wedding-with-Lauren-and-Lannas.jpg

015-Yosemite-sunrise-wedding-with-Lauren-and-Lannas.jpg

030-Yosemite-sunrise-wedding-with-Lauren-and-Lannas.jpg

020-Yosemite-sunrise-wedding-with-Lauren-and-Lannas.jpg

022-Yosemite-sunrise-wedding-with-Lauren-and-Lannas.jpg

025-Yosemite-sunrise-wedding-with-Lauren-and-Lannas.jpg

023-Yosemite-sunrise-wedding-with-Lauren-and-Lannas.jpg

Comments

• babowcbabowc Registered Users Posts: 510 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2012
    I'd love to see #4 in color! and I love the expression on the bride's face on #3!

#2/6 doesn't work for me because the bride's face is completely silhouetted and the tree in sharp focus is distracting.
    -Mike Jin
    D800
    16/2.8, f1.4G primes, f2.8 trio, 105/200 macro, SB900.
    It never gets easier, you just get better.
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator
    edited September 5, 2012
    I wanna be you when I grow up. nod.gif
  • KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
    edited September 5, 2012
    kdog wrote: »
    I wanna be you when I grow up. nod.gif

+1 iloveyou.gif
    Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!
  • tenoverthenosetenoverthenose Registered Users Posts: 815 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2012
    Thanks everyone for your thoughts!
    babowc wrote: »
    I'd love to see #4 in color! and I love the expression on the bride's face on #3!

#2/6 doesn't work for me because the bride's face is completely silhouetted and the tree in sharp focus is distracting.

#4 Sucks in color without crazy amounts of work. They are slightly back lit by the sun, but front lit by the light reflecting off of the trees giving some seriously funky skin tones. To make it worse, the groom is wearing a pink tie and shirt that was giving the lower half of his face an uber pink tone. Granted, the trees look cool, but they do not. This was one of those times when I knew I would be showing this in black and white as I was shooting.

#2 Good call - her hair is blocking some of the light from hitting her face. I have some another one where she is turned to the camera and getting more light.

#6 Your thoughts are interesting on the tree being too sharp. My hope was to put these two objects of beauty (bride and solid oak tree) side by side.
  • babowcbabowc Registered Users Posts: 510 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2012
    Thanks everyone for your thoughts!

#4 Sucks in color without crazy amounts of work. They are slightly back lit by the sun, but front lit by the light reflecting off of the trees giving some seriously funky skin tones. To make it worse, the groom is wearing a pink tie and shirt that was giving the lower half of his face an uber pink tone. Granted, the trees look cool, but they do not. This was one of those times when I knew I would be showing this in black and white as I was shooting.

#2 Good call - her hair is blocking some of the light from hitting her face. I have some another one where she is turned to the camera and getting more light.

#6 Your thoughts are interesting on the tree being too sharp. My hope was to put these two objects of beauty (bride and solid oak tree) side by side.

I still love #4! thumb.gif

edit: I just clicked the link in your signature... and I am in awe!
    -Mike Jin
    D800
    16/2.8, f1.4G primes, f2.8 trio, 105/200 macro, SB900.
    It never gets easier, you just get better.
  • GRodGRod Registered Users Posts: 15 Big grins
    edited September 7, 2012
    Great job! Beautiful composition and couple placement. No. 4,5 and 7 are perfect. Congrats!
  • VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2012
    THE tree branches and leafs in 4 were captivating , I kept going back and back to examine them once again. Nice nice art here.
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700
  • dawssvtdawssvt Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins
    edited September 11, 2012
    That last shot is incredible! Keep it up!

Website
    My Smugmug

My Canon Gear:
    5DMII | 24-105mm f/4L | 45mm TS/E | 135mm f/2.0L | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS | 50mm f/1.4
    | 580EX II & 430EX

• tenoverthenosetenoverthenose Registered Users Posts: 815 Major grins
    edited September 12, 2012
    Thanks everyone for the good words :) It was a blast to be able to do this wedding before sunrise - it seems like 90% of my work these days is always at noon.
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited September 21, 2012
    Sunrise .... my goodness!!! I wonder what time she got up to get her hair and make-up done! Holy smokers, haha! Lucky you to have a bride that will do whatever you tell her! :o)

Beautiful set as always, you sure know how to capture / include the landscape into your pretty photos!
  • Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited September 24, 2012
    I don't think I will ever get tired of the view in $7 ... oops... #7! Maybe the '$' was an implied mention of money shot....
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • lilmommalilmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    beautiful <3 especially 4 & 7.. wouldn't it be nice if all brides let us designate times & places!
  • karloznzkarloznz Registered Users Posts: 126 Major grins
    Number Three is just fantastic !!Good one. I like the style its distinctive and quite special - in all honesty the other detract from number three both stylistically and in overall quality.

Its something I struggle with in wedding photography having a strength in some areas and other seem to let me down a bit but I keep at it !!
    Carl Lea Wedding and event photographer - Wellington - Web Site
  • dawssvtdawssvt Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2012
    Just looked through these again and I love #3 also!

Website
    My Smugmug

My Canon Gear:
    5DMII | 24-105mm f/4L | 45mm TS/E | 135mm f/2.0L | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS | 50mm f/1.4
    | 580EX II & 430EX