UMass Softball and Baseball

wingerwinger Registered Users Posts: 694 Major grins
edited April 10, 2005 in Sports
Well Hockey is over and outside I go. I have shot softball before for fun, but I got to shoot my first baseball game over the last week two.
19130770-M-1.jpg
19130784-M-1.jpg
19130824-M-1.jpg
19130964-M-1.jpg
19131004-M-1.jpg
19131011-M-1.jpg

19130993-M-1.jpg19130998-M-1.jpg
19130831-M-1.jpg

19131050-M-1.jpg19131043-M-1.jpg

I am pleased with softball ones, baseball it seems like I cant get close enough with out actually getting in the dugout (which I will have to ask about). One of these days I will figure out how to actually know what settings I want before I start shooting, rather than expermenting.
Please feel free to comment...good or bad.

Comments

• Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited April 8, 2005
    Karen,

Sorry bout hockey :uhoh

I agree that the softball shots, as a group, look better than the baseball pics. A few of those sb pics are mint thumb.gifthumb.gif Looks like different times of day, or field orientation relative to the Sun, too. The baseball pics look to have tougher side lighting. The team pic looks good, but you can see how bright it is off to the player's right. The pitcher shot is right on the edge, exposure-wise. Conversely, almost everyone of the softball pics are really well exposed and they exhibit rich color.

For whatever reason, you may be right about baseball shots being tougher. Hey, you know what they say? "When the going gets tough, the tough get going" clap.gif I have every confidence that you'll figure it out (even if you have to reschedule their games to start in golden light....lol) and within another few games, we'll be Ohhhhhhing and Ahhhhing over your baseball shots too :D

Thanks for posting these, we'll be here all season rolleyes1.gif

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited April 8, 2005
    So this is why you want my big glass.... those softball pics are hot. Hotness. :D
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• wingerwinger Registered Users Posts: 694 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2005
    DoctorIt wrote:
    So this is why you want my big glass.... those softball pics are hot. Hotness. :D
    Cause baseball the field is much bigger....I cant even get close enough to the outfielders to get a good picture. And well there are a bunch of logistics in the difference of the fields. Softball's fences are shorter I can lean on them, the links are bigger I can shoot through them, and behind home plate there is a piece of plex (hmm actually now that I think of it, maybe i need to adjust my other settings so they come out like the ones of the pitchers did).

Baseball the field is much bigger, set further away, no plexi...I can stand on the end of the dugout, and mayeve even in it, but I still have a major distance issue I am competiting with.

So yeah...I would love it if I could use your longer lens....please....., it would be fun for lax too.
  • blackwaterstudioblackwaterstudio Registered Users Posts: 779 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2005
    Looking good Winger.

This is why I"m looking at the 400 L lens clap.gif
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,904 moderator
    edited April 10, 2005
    You've got some nice action in these shots. #3 is a great one.

Ian
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?