Just a comment and rant

SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
edited April 21, 2014 in SmugMug Customization
I keep trying to convert to the new SmugMug, but can't even figure out how to create one stinking page!

Even my detractors haven't thought me this dumb. :cry:cry:cry

Sure I could simply chose an existing theme or site, whatever the term is, and I would have something with my images on it. But if that is all I wanted I can just stay with what I have. How about if I want a different text then the ones provided? :dunno Or if I want to have a custom background? :dunno Change the size or location of different element blocks? :dunno Have text and photos in a custom position and size? :dunno Have a custom slideshow with variations on duration? :dunno I have a crude idea of what I want but need to have a way to create the various elements of my idea in separate boxes. This would allow me to see and modify element by element until it all fits together.

Please note I am not asking for help at this point, burn out, but simply sharing my frustration.

I have looked online for SmugMug customizer's but haven't seen anything that blew me away and the cost is not in my budget. (Not complaining about the cost, just not in my budget.)

Sam

Comments

• mbonocorembonocore Registered Users Posts: 2,299 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2014
    Hi Sam,

I am sorry you are feeling frustrated :( In case you want to view some online tutorials, I can recommend a couple. There is a number of good ones on our YouTube page, and this one by Ryan Oakley is a great one for getting a great looking, basic site set up in 90 minutes.
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2014
    mbonocore wrote: »
    Hi Sam,

I am sorry you are feeling frustrated :( In case you want to view some online tutorials, I can recommend a couple. There is a number of good ones on our YouTube page, and this one by Ryan Oakley is a great one for getting a great looking, basic site set up in 90 minutes.

Thanks Monocore,

I (my brain) is scheduled to get out of the ICU pretty soon, and after that I am to attend a software dementia prevention users therapy group. :D

Although right now all I want to do is crawl into bed and sleep forever I believe once recovery is in sight I will give it another go. The doctors say this is part of my psychosis. The need to punish and inflict pain on myself.

Never the less I will be back I will have the website I deserve or go out on my shield!:D

Sam