Options

Drag Racing Main Street on only two horsepower!

ThelensspotThelensspot Registered Users Posts: 2,041 Major grins
edited May 6, 2015 in Other Cool Shots
Gotcha!

DSC_2696-8-3-XL.jpg
"Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

Comments

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2015
    Wayne, tt just might be me.....but as is, the dude on the left is bugging me somewhat...like it was accidental....sometimes that works.....here I don't know....also, we all know......old timers NEVER EVER NEVER EVER NEVER EVER smiled......based on any ancient photo or portrait that I have ever seen.....and the driver here is smiling.....that's a dead give away.....its modern photo. What do you think?ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    ThelensspotThelensspot Registered Users Posts: 2,041 Major grins
    edited May 6, 2015
    Stumblebum wrote: »
    Wayne, tt just might be me.....but as is, the dude on the left is bugging me somewhat...like it was accidental....sometimes that works.....here I don't know....also, we all know......old timers NEVER EVER NEVER EVER NEVER EVER smiled......based on any ancient photo or portrait that I have ever seen.....and the driver here is smiling.....that's a dead give away.....its modern photo. What do you think?ne_nau.gif

Taz, thanks for your comments. Actually I wanted the pedestrian on the left as it's just a "fun" shot and I wanted as much old stuff in the shot as possible...see the reenactor deep in the background behind the tree.

Also, the reason nobody smiled in the old pictures is that they had to pose for a lot longer than these days so the photographer wanted a "face" that they could hold for several seconds. Holding a smile in the same position for that long is almost impossible to do which would result in facial features blurring in the old days. Same reason for the glum look in lots of portraits painted from times gone by. The setting above would have been 18th century and portraits from that period all had the very solemn look associated with posing for the artist. Since I'm not exactly trying to duplicate that type of portrait shot look here (and my camera has a much better shutter/sensor device than 19th century models!), I didn't mind the smiling. You have a sharp eye my friend!
    "Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53