• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2016
    jerryr wrote: »
    Excellent work - #6 is the best !

Thanks kindly Jerry!
  • SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2016
    I missed this post.

These are very nice. Lots of walking / traveling to different locations. Great effort seen in locations and compositions.

Print and hang!!!!

Sam
    edited January 27, 2016
    Sam wrote: »
    I missed this post.

These are very nice. Lots of walking / traveling to different locations. Great effort seen in locations and compositions.

Print and hang!!!!

Sam

Thanks Sam!! Means much to me!
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2016
    wonderful set, hard to pick favourite!
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
    edited January 28, 2016
    wonderful set, hard to pick favourite!

Thanks Awais! Means a great deal to me! Cheers!
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2016
    Another awesome series. Never tire of the iconic photos but I like #6 because it is very different from the norm. I also love #2...the colors are fire and ice. You have lots of wall hangers! :D
  • LightsearcherLightsearcher Registered Users Posts: 202 Major grins
    edited January 28, 2016
    Wow..!!!!

This is so beautiful and inspiring, what a great set..!!!

The composition is fantastic and you did a great job converting it to B&W, all are beautiful but the second shot is outstanding..!!

Thank you for posting.

Marcelo
    edited January 28, 2016
    Eia wrote: »
    Another awesome series. Never tire of the iconic photos but I like #6 because it is very different from the norm. I also love #2...the colors are fire and ice. You have lots of wall hangers! :D
    Wow..!!!!

This is so beautiful and inspiring, what a great set..!!!

The composition is fantastic and you did a great job converting it to B&W, all are beautiful but the second shot is outstanding..!!

Thank you for posting.

Marcelo

Thanks Marcelo and Anna Maria! I am officially on cloud 9!wings.gifbowbowdown.gif
  • WirenWiren Registered Users Posts: 741 Major grins
    edited February 6, 2016
    Dude! 6, 9, 15! all of them, but those are my faves.... I hate you, I envy you, these are so awesome they suck.... I am very glad you made it to Graceland... you did very well and I know I appreciate you sharing these.

I have been out of the loop... family issues, down a car, haven't been able to go out and shoot.... going to have to spend the next year working on some portraiture to afford a new camera as mine is 8 years old and about worn down to nothing.....

It's gonna take a lot of work to try and attempt topping this great stuff.

very nice!
    Lee Wiren
    edited February 6, 2016
    Wiren wrote: »
    Dude! 6, 9, 15! all of them, but those are my faves.... I hate you, I envy you, these are so awesome they suck.... I am very glad you made it to Graceland... you did very well and I know I appreciate you sharing these.

I have been out of the loop... family issues, down a car, haven't been able to go out and shoot.... going to have to spend the next year working on some portraiture to afford a new camera as mine is 8 years old and about worn down to nothing.....

It's gonna take a lot of work to try and attempt topping this great stuff.

very nice!

Lee, thanks for those kind words! I know whatever you shoot you would excel at it! Would look forward to your portrait work. I also hope you can work through the issues. I have some of those going on myself and haven't shot anything for month and a half.....Best wishes in all your pursuits!!
  • Brian_SBrian_S Registered Users Posts: 188 Major grins
    edited February 7, 2016
    wow, each and every one of these is outstanding and a real pleasure to view, over and over, beautifully captured!
    edited February 8, 2016
    Brian_S wrote: »
    wow, each and every one of these is outstanding and a real pleasure to view, over and over, beautifully captured!

Yay! Thanks kindly Brian!wings.gif
  • Celtic SnapperCeltic Snapper Registered Users Posts: 277 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2016
    All are super shots, with 1 and 9 having that professional arty touch! - Worth a nice glossy print, framed. :-)
    edited February 10, 2016
    All are super shots, with 1 and 9 having that professional arty touch! - Worth a nice glossy print, framed. :-)

Thanks Carl!! Means a great deal to me! Cheers!
  • FlyingetchFlyingetch Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited February 10, 2016
    I'd like to just mention on #14 Winter wonderland, how I'd like to see those 4 trees cropped out on the left. Simplify. Then possibly bring El Captain back further in this world towards the left a bit assuming its containing a major role here.
    edited February 10, 2016
    Flyingetch wrote: »
    I'd like to just mention on #14 Winter wonderland, how I'd like to see those 4 trees cropped out on the left. Simplify. Then possibly bring El Captain back further in this world towards the left a bit assuming its containing a major role here.

Thanks Flying tech! I appreciate the input very much. I think you are referring to half-dome that is too far to the right. I agree with you completely. That was NOT my original comp. However, somehow I screwed up the horizon and it was considerably tilted. I straightened it and that caused Half-dome to be pushed to right.

I currently do not posses post processing skills to bring it to left. I do own a car and if it snows this year, or next year, shall return to this spot!:D

The trees on left, I thought added something......light was harsh when I took the shot, so wanted something besides bright white, to be in the scene....If I had better light or some help in the sky, then I probably focus the shot on half dome and forget about other stuff.

Cheers!