Waiter

RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator
edited February 17, 2016 in Street and Documentary

Comments

• EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2016
    I like the "voyeuristic" feel here Richard... what he's (actually) doing remains a mystery, and that's cool! ~ Though, one can guess it's the ubiquitous hand-held electronic device .
    I'd like it alot in B&W too...
    The neck seems a bit hot to me - a little adjustment brush mebbe?
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator
    edited February 14, 2016
    Actually if you look closely you can see the blue cap of a ball-point pen. We're just so analog here lol3.gif.

You're right, the neck is a bit hot. I also like the B&W version:

160131_0072_b-XL.jpg

It was a tough call, but when I like both, I usually go with color because there are just fewer color street shots that work well.
  • EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2016
    Yup, agree that the color works well (better perhaps) here... thanks for posting both versions Richard.
    I hadn't noticed the pen tip before, and I hadn't assumed a food-server, as "Waiter" can have multiple meanings... it all makes sense now!
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins
    edited February 14, 2016
    I like the color version better, very nice sharpness on the man. However, I'm not getting a story and the aesthetics of the shot aren't enough for me on this one. ne_nau.gif
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator
    edited February 17, 2016
    Juano wrote: »
    I like the color version better, very nice sharpness on the man. However, I'm not getting a story and the aesthetics of the shot aren't enough for me on this one. ne_nau.gif
    Fair enough. There really isn't a narrative here--I just liked the light, color and textures. Oh, well...

Thanks for the frank comment. thumb.gif