Panorama's from The Grampians

mushymushy Registered Users Posts: 643 Major grins
edited June 28, 2016 in Landscapes
I recently took a trip to Melbourne, Victoria for the purpose of bouldering in the Grampians. While there I managed a few handheld panorama's that linked together very well.

trackside%20walkin%20pano-X3.jpg

Untitled_Panorama1-X3.jpg

Untitled_Panorama3-X3.jpg

thanks for looking :thumb
May I take your picture?

Comments

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited June 8, 2016
    #2 is fab!!
  • fool4thecityfool4thecity Registered Users Posts: 632 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2016
    Not a big fan of any of the shots. Too restrictive, feels crowded, which is hard to do in landscape panoramas. IMHO you need more room for the sky and foreground, and in #3 the focal point of your image is centered and it kills the image. Not at all trying to be mean, Mushy! Just taking time to give you feedback that will help (that's why I'm here, I love "real" feedback).

Peace,
  • mushymushy Registered Users Posts: 643 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2016
    Not a big fan of any of the shots. Too restrictive, feels crowded, which is hard to do in landscape panoramas. IMHO you need more room for the sky and foreground, and in #3 the focal point of your image is centered and it kills the image. Not at all trying to be mean, Mushy! Just taking time to give you feedback that will help (that's why I'm here, I love "real" feedback).

Peace,

Thanks for the feedback, I definitely don't take offence. I'll have to see how much I have cropped off the top and bottom of these and how they look to my eye if I change them.

cheers thumb.gif
    May I take your picture?
  • HawthyHawthy Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    edited June 28, 2016
    I agree with Mike. They need a bit more room above them. Did you take the photos in portrait or landscape? Taking them in portrait typically allows for more top and bottom space. The middle shot is quite good. Don't forget that in Photoshop you can use Edit>>Fill>>Content Aware to fill in blank areas of sky that might otherwise be cropped.

And adopting the karma of the previous poster...

Peace, (I really like that).
    Cheers,

Andrew