Options

Gallery Viewing in SmugMug Customization

zimingtonzimington Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
edited November 11, 2014 in SmugMug Support
Hi, please direct me to the thread of this has been asked before.

New to SmugMug and trying to figure out how to make the layout of my gallery show my pictures by:
1) Sorting by dimension, i.e. portraits then landscapes (which also have two separate dimensions due to camera used).
2) Displaying in rows of 2 and or 3 flowing downwards.

If anyone can help me or point to where this is located, would be most helpful!

Comments

• Options
    leftquarkleftquark Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,784 Many Grins
    edited November 11, 2014
    zimington wrote: »
    trying to figure out how to make the layout of my gallery show my pictures by:
    1) Sorting by dimension, i.e. portraits then landscapes (which also have two separate dimensions due to camera used)

At this time it is not possible to sort by dimension. You can feel free to request this feature at our Feature Request Page. This is the first time I've seen this feature requested but maybe other customers are also itching for this request!

zimington wrote: »
    2) Displaying in rows of 2 and or 3 flowing downwards.

Do you mean columns of photos 2 or 3 wide and then flowing down? If you had a gallery of 200 photos and there were only 2 rows, they'd have to be really small thumbnails to fit 100 photos in a row, especially on small screens. You can create rows of images using a "Thumbnail" or Collage gallery styles. We display the photos as large as possible to fit on the screen and automatically load new images as necessary when the window is scrolled or a "Load More..." button is clicked.
    dGrin Afficionado
    Former SmugMug Product Team
    aaron AT aaronmphotography DOT com
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations