Yosemite - Mist Trail

tputs001tputs001 Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
edited September 10, 2011 in Landscapes
Hello all!

I recently took a trip to HALF DOME and these two pictures are from the mist trail. Any CC will be most helpful! Thank you! :clap

IMG1095-L.jpg

IMG1097-L.jpg

Comments

• red_zonered_zone Registered Users Posts: 533 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2011
    1: WOW :jawdrop I love how the starburst sun lights up the mist and the light in the grass and steps is incredible. How did you get it so empty? When I climbed it (the one time I've been able to get out there) at sunrise there were already a lot of people getting an early start!

2: Also incredible! I love the super-saturated grass in front. I have to point out though, that the color (contrast?) under the rainbow is duller than outside.
    Both are very nice shots ! If I had to pick it would be the first one.
  • dereksurfsdereksurfs Registered Users Posts: 286 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2011
    Both are nice. But the first is exceptional! Could be titled Stairway to Heaven.

I've tried to shoot that same angle and its really tough with water spraying all over your lens. Of course that was more in the Spring time. Maybe it is a little easier this time of the year.
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,904 moderator
    edited September 7, 2011
    The Mist Trail is one of my favorites. These are two beautiful pictures!
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • tputs001tputs001 Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
    edited September 7, 2011
    red_zone wrote: »
    1: WOW :jawdrop I love how the starburst sun lights up the mist and the light in the grass and steps is incredible. How did you get it so empty? When I climbed it (the one time I've been able to get out there) at sunrise there were already a lot of people getting an early start!

2: Also incredible! I love the super-saturated grass in front. I have to point out though, that the color (contrast?) under the rainbow is duller than outside.

I just got real lucky! This is my second time on the half dome trail so i know exactly how packed it can be. It just happened that when i was taking this picture nobody was going up :)

The second picture was a bit underexposed. With a little post process magic, I increased the exposure for the grass part and brought it out and increased the contrast using lightroom. I'm actually pretty surprised as how these two pictures came out as i'm still a super noob.

Thanks for all the comments, i really do appreciate them!
  • Aspecto5Aspecto5 Registered Users Posts: 311 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2011
    The first one is a winner for sure! Can't believe how awesome that light looks, bouncing off the edges of the steps. Perfect! :B
    Canon 7D Shooter

Nelson Lehner
    Dreamin' of a resolution!:D
  • Sublim3Sublim3 Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
    edited September 8, 2011
    The first image, just beautiful!
    Mitch
    mitcht.smugmug.com
  • BrucheBruche Registered Users Posts: 83 Big grins
    edited September 10, 2011
    I LOVE your first shot!

Bruce