GoPro Replacement

Gary752Gary752 Registered Users Posts: 934 Major grins
edited October 19, 2016 in Accessories
For those thinking about buying a GoPro camera, look into the SJCAM SJ5000X first!!! The cheapest place I found it was on GearBest.com for $119.00 + shipping. I purchased mine on Amazon for a little more because I have Amazon Prime and I get FREE shipping. I also bought the accessory kit which includes a foam padded case, a selfie stick, and just about every kind of mounting attachment for a little under $150.00 total. The 2 main reason I went with this camera was because WIFI and Adjustable angle of view is standard in this model. The only drawback is expect 3 to 4 weeks to receive the camera, as it ships from China. I can wait that long to save over $300.00!!! :dunno

GaryB
GaryB
“The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it!” - Ansel Adams

Comments

• kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator
    edited October 18, 2016
    Let's wait until you receive it and use it for a while and then see how you like it. I see it does get 4 1/2 stars on Gear Best's website, although you may notice that every product they sell mysteriously has 4 1/2 stars as well. rolleyes1.gif

You get what you pay for with Gear Best, but don't kid yourself that you can compare it with the real thing (like GoPro). I bought a drone from Gear Best. I stupidly thought when they said it was in stock that it would ship right away, although I wasn't astute enough to realize it was shipping from China. Tracking is pretty much non-existent, so you wait and wait. I finally received it after seven weeks or so, it perfect condition and good packaging. It was pretty much what I expected, although one of the major flying modes just flat-out didn't work. Still I had a lot of fun with it until it stopped working (not due to a crash) one day and now doesn't fly any more. Truthfully, it was pretty much what I expected for the $50 or so that I paid for it. But it's no DJI Phantom, that's for sure.

Do keep us updated though. I'll be interested to hear your thoughts after you've used it for a while.
  • Gary752Gary752 Registered Users Posts: 934 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2016
    I didn't purchase this item without doing a bit of research first. Below are 2 links to a review of the SJCAM's SJ5000x Elite on YouTube. These reviews are by 2 people that I trust.

https://youtu.be/IGSlJtEx2bw
    https://youtu.be/k97Hd_DA3kQ

So after watching these videos, you'll see that this camera is a decent replacement for the GoPro.

GaryB
    GaryB
    “The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it!” - Ansel Adams
  • Bobcat132Bobcat132 Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
    What do you think about Yi 4k action cam? Is it comparable?
  • Gary752Gary752 Registered Users Posts: 934 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2016

I haven't had a chance to put it through its paces yet. As soon as I finish up a couple projects, I'll give it a good testing. One of the main reasons I bought this one is for the variable angle of view.

GaryB