Angles and Shapes

PedalGirlPedalGirl Registered Users Posts: 794 Major grins
edited January 20, 2012 in The Dgrin Challenges
This most likely will not be my entry... So I will just share... been sick the last couple of days and am having withdrawls since not being able to get out and start shooting something for this challenge. This evening I checked out the window to find a beautiful sunset ... so grabbed my camera... but so many obstructions... then there was this bird on the antenna with the sunset background... Ah!! Something to shoot!!!

i-PP6ZNxR-L.jpg
Pho-tog-ra-pher (n) 1. One who practices photography 2. one obsessed with capturing life with their camera. 3. One who eats, sleeps and breathes photographs. 4. One who sees the world in 4x6.
www.lisaspeakmanphotography.com

Comments

• JennJenn Registered Users Posts: 1,009 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2012
    It has a nice soft feel about it, and is that a dove? :)
    PedalGirl wrote: »
    This most likely will not be my entry... So I will just share... been sick the last couple of days and am having withdrawls since not being able to get out and start shooting something for this challenge. This evening I checked out the window to find a beautiful sunset ... so grabbed my camera... but so many obstructions... then there was this bird on the antenna with the sunset background... Ah!! Something to shoot!!!

i-PP6ZNxR-L.jpg
    Jenn (from Oklahoma)
    Panasonic Lumix 10x DMC-TZ3 :photo
    Leica Mega O.I.S./28mm WIDE :smile6
  • CHANDLERJACHANDLERJA Registered Users Posts: 400 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2012
    I actually really like this shot! I would cut out he bush on the left. It doesn't really add to the angle feel the rest of the image shows. Beyond that I really like this!
    Jeromy
    http://snaptx.smugmug.com/
    Light is everything in life and photography.
  • PedalGirlPedalGirl Registered Users Posts: 794 Major grins
    edited January 14, 2012
    Yes, Jenn... it's a dove... we have a family of them that nest in the tree just outside of my apartment. Thanks Jeromy... I thought about cropping the tree out, but then I'd lose the end of the antenna, and I wasn't actually thinking of entering this in the end. But... then again... if I don't get better soon I might have to. Laughing.gif
    Pho-tog-ra-pher (n) 1. One who practices photography 2. one obsessed with capturing life with their camera. 3. One who eats, sleeps and breathes photographs. 4. One who sees the world in 4x6.
  • billseyebillseye Registered Users Posts: 847 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2012
    CHANDLERJA wrote: »
    I actually really like this shot! I would cut out he bush on the left. It doesn't really add to the angle feel the rest of the image shows. Beyond that I really like this!

15524779-Ti.gif...

... that it's a nice shot and that a left side crop would strengthen it. It has a peaceful aura to it.
    Bill Banning

Check out billseye photos on SmugMug
  • KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2012
    +1! Nicely done :)
    Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!
  • sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,942 moderator
    edited January 17, 2012
    I agree that this is lovely shot! Too bad you weren't feeling well but I'm glad you were able to capture this.
    edited January 17, 2012
    OK... so you all seem to like it... so I made some edits... would this fit the theme well enough? You know... I'm big on sticking to theme. I'm still going to try and get some shots this weekend... but just in case.

New Edit
    i-MTH93Xt-L.jpg
  • MemolMemol Registered Users Posts: 115 Major grins
    edited January 17, 2012
    Nice shot and an interesting subject. I like the new one
  • NelsonKNelsonK Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins
    edited January 17, 2012
    That crop really put the focus on the angles and color. Great shot.
  • sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,942 moderator
    edited January 18, 2012
    Very nice edits! I like it. Your silhouette offers us shape and angles, and the background is wonderful!
  • PappyRootPappyRoot Registered Users Posts: 174 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2012
    My Vote is this one!! thumb.gif Excellent job!!
    I hope you get to feeling better.
    PedalGirl wrote: »
    OK... so you all seem to like it... so I made some edits... would this fit the theme well enough? You know... I'm big on sticking to theme. I'm still going to try and get some shots this weekend... but just in case.

New Edit
    i-MTH93Xt-L.jpg
    Sometimes, it is better to be kind than to be right. We do not need an intelligent mind that speaks, but a patient heart that listens. Unknown
    irpappyroot2.photoshop.com
    My flickr Account
  • travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited January 18, 2012
    The new edit is very nice thumb.gif
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • CHANDLERJACHANDLERJA Registered Users Posts: 400 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2012
    Love the new edit! thumb.gif
    Jeromy
    http://snaptx.smugmug.com/
    Light is everything in life and photography.
  • GretaPicsGretaPics Registered Users Posts: 373 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2012
    Really like this image for the challenge. Love the re-edited cropped composition and pretty background. Hope you're feeling better. GP
  • lkbartlkbart Registered Users Posts: 1,912 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2012
    Awesome colors & great silhouette - the new crop really works. +1 on the feeling better :)
    ~Lillian~
    A photograph is an artistic expression of life, captured one moment at a time . . .
    http://bartlettphotoart.smugmug.com/
    edited January 20, 2012
    Thanks everyone! And thanks for the "get wells" ... I am feeling better. :) Will see what I end up with this weekend... who knows... maybe this will end up being submitted.