my recent Wedding shots

coolpinskycoolpinsky Registered Users Posts: 211 Major grins
edited October 8, 2012 in Weddings
was doing this wedding 2 weeks ago - we had chosen a location for some shots in a mountains but at the day someone said that there is too wet and we just stopped by the way for some shots.
We had just a few minutes :(

img1078s.jpg

img1694sv.jpg

img1718sd.jpg

img1720s.jpg

img1736s.jpg

img1753sxe.jpg

I gonna put some more pics on the blog on my Website - but it gonna take some time /need to create the blog :)/

Comments

• babowcbabowc Registered Users Posts: 510 Major grins
    edited September 17, 2012
    Hmm.. I don't know about the darker-style of your PP in these pictures..
    2,3, and 5 seem *too* dark, IMO.
    -Mike Jin
    D800
    16/2.8, f1.4G primes, f2.8 trio, 105/200 macro, SB900.
    It never gets easier, you just get better.
  • mjoshi123mjoshi123 Registered Users Posts: 216 Major grins
    edited September 18, 2012
    Was #1 done in PP or that is shot of a painting, love that #1 whatever it is.
  • p27rpyp27rpy Registered Users Posts: 520 Major grins
    edited September 18, 2012
    their skin tones are very muted in all these shots, making them appear clammy and pale. i would warm them up a bit and ditch the vignetting in all the shots.
  • coolpinskycoolpinsky Registered Users Posts: 211 Major grins
    edited September 19, 2012
    mjoshi123 wrote: »
    Was #1 done in PP or that is shot of a painting, love that #1 whatever it is.

it is a normal shot - I was just outside - and took it through the window.
  • Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    Over all nice...especially one for it's artistic qaulities...and six, my favorite...nice background...and pose. Well done.

About vignetting...I think it's okay...some don't like it...and it's pointed out every time they see it...but, to me, tastefully applied...it's okay...and I like your use of it here.

A little off camera fill...very little...would have gone a long way in brightening the eyes. If you haven't heard this before, it's "get the eyes right and everything else will fall in place." Viewers will connect through the eyes.

I think your poses are well done...and the back ground is as good as shooting in the mountains...it's really nice in my opinion.

For the most part, I like your skin tones...in some of the images...maybe an increase in brightness might help...

I find that sometimes adjusting the exposure helps and sometimes the brightness works better since, they don't modify the image in the same way...so, I experiment...with one, then the other, and then both...until I'm happy.

Note that in number 5, you have a couple of spots just to camera right of the bride that I'd remove...it looks like a grain of sand or spec of some kind. One is above the horizon and one is below the horizon.

It's funny, I pulled one of your images...the last one...and looked at it in Photoshop...the skin numbers looked okay, but the overall tonal range looked a lot different. Which brings up another subject...all photo viewers are not created equal...in that they may add or remove tones...or in ohter words, do not properly represent the true image as processed. I put it in FS Viewer...and the skin tones were very close to your post.

Anyways, thanks for sharing.
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
    Ed911 wrote: »
    Over all nice...especially one for it's artistic qaulities...and six, my favorite...nice background...and pose. Well done.

About vignetting...I think it's okay...some don't like it...and it's pointed out every time they see it...but, to me, tastefully applied...it's okay...and I like your use of it here.

A little off camera fill...very little...would have gone a long way in brightening the eyes. If you haven't heard this before, it's "get the eyes right and everything else will fall in place." Viewers will connect through the eyes.

I think your poses are well done...and the back ground is as good as shooting in the mountains...it's really nice in my opinion.

For the most part, I like your skin tones...in some of the images...maybe an increase in brightness might help...

I find that sometimes adjusting the exposure helps and sometimes the brightness works better since, they don't modify the image in the same way...so, I experiment...with one, then the other, and then both...until I'm happy.

Note that in number 5, you have a couple of spots just to camera right of the bride that I'd remove...it looks like a grain of sand or spec of some kind. One is above the horizon and one is below the horizon.

It's funny, I pulled one of your images...the last one...and looked at it in Photoshop...the skin numbers looked okay, but the overall tonal range looked a lot different. Which brings up another subject...all photo viewers are not created equal...in that they may add or remove tones...or in ohter words, do not properly represent the true image as processed. I put it in FS Viewer...and the skin tones were very close to your post.

Anyways, thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the rational criticism - I appreciate it !
    I do usually eyes brightening - didnt do this here - I will change it I think.
    I just didnt work too much with the pictures - I guess I have just too many of them :)
  • karloznzkarloznz Registered Users Posts: 126 Major grins
    Just Love the first shot its great - I generally cringe when I see photos with people holding a frame - but you have pulled it off well . very good.
    Carl Lea Wedding and event photographer - Wellington - Web Site
  • sphyngesphynge Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 172
    edited September 20, 2012
    I actually really like the poster feel that your images have. I also like the fun feeling you get from some of the photos, like the one with the frame - it just brings a smile on my face! #1 is a stunning shot... That being said, if there is an area of improvement I'd focus on, it would be the group posing. #2 is *almost* there; I would have tried to get the bridesmaids on the right to interact with each other a little more and to not be flat footed; in other words, I'd ask them to push their weight to the back or on a side foot if possible. Hope that helps :)
  • JabfingerJabfinger Registered Users Posts: 125 Major grins
    edited September 22, 2012
    I like them all. #2 is my favorite and #3 is my least favorite. I looked at #1 for a while and I just could not understand what was going on in the upper left corner. It makes sense now only because you stated that you were outside shooting through the window. Nice picture though. Good work!
  • Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited September 23, 2012
    I gotta say, #1 is a work of art. Love it! The viewer's eye is drawn in just the right amount, but has enough options for brief wandering as well. That, and the simplicity of the pose plus un-conventional yet bold overall "look" just make it a very timeless moment, and in my opinion, a piece of art...

=Matt=
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum
    I gotta say, #1 is a work of art. Love it! The viewer's eye is drawn in just the right amount, but has enough options for brief wandering as well. That, and the simplicity of the pose plus un-conventional yet bold overall "look" just make it a very timeless moment, and in my opinion, a piece of art...

=Matt=

Thank you Matt
    Wedding Photography Ireland
  • joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
    great work. I especially love the last one.
  • dawssvtdawssvt Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2012
    I love #2. I would bring back some of the vignette on most of those!

Website
    My Smugmug

My Canon Gear:
    5DMII | 24-105mm f/4L | 45mm TS/E | 135mm f/2.0L | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS | 50mm f/1.4
    | 580EX II & 430EX

• VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited October 8, 2012
    3 and 6 are awesome !
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700