Options

Lifeboat day

puzzledpaulpuzzledpaul Registered Users Posts: 1,621 Major grins
edited October 9, 2013 in Other Cool Shots
One of the lakes I frequent for wildlfe / waterfowl is also used by the local model boat club. Last Sunday they held a 'Lifeboat day' to help raise funds for the RNLI ... so there were lifeboat models all over the place.

As there wasn't much avian action (+ the fact I'd made a couple of LB models many decades ago) I decided to have a go using my usual gear.

Whilst there were many fine examples of modelmaking on show, this pic is of an extremely impressive (imo) model - 1/12 scale ... 58 inches long.

Built by Robert Smith ... link to his site below ...just in case there are any other modellers reading this.

As the centreline of my lens was approx 4 > 5 in above the water (twas quite choppy, otherwise would've been lower) it put the horizon at a sensible (imo) height -ie equivalent to someone sitting in a rowing boat, taking a pic of a full size vessel.

pp

www.lifeboatmodels.co.uk

_X1C3890_zpsd7c34bdd.jpg

Comments

• Options
    RidgetopRidgetop Registered Users Posts: 214 Major grins
    edited June 19, 2013
    Pretty cool. When I first saw the pic without reading the text I thought I was looking at some sort of tilt shift effect. Very impressive little model.
  • Options
    edited June 20, 2013
    Thanks for looking ... and commenting.
    I'd query the word 'little' though ... for something that's nearly 5ft long and 20+ kg :)

When its builder / owner hits 'go' ... it goes :)

pp

(500f4 / 1dm3, btw)
  • Options
    kibbsnkkibbsnk Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited October 9, 2013
    An excellent image Paul , really captures the power of the boat , a stunning model in all its splendor.
  • Options
    edited October 9, 2013
    Thanks, k - and yes, a superb model.

pp