A day at the little league fields (5 images)

lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
edited June 22, 2010 in Street and Documentary
908615358_8mJHh-XL.jpg

908615259_yVzKs-XL.jpg

908615223_bXajg-XL.jpg

908615301_txAdD-XL.jpg

908615336_fhJqz-XL.jpg
Liz A.
_________

Comments

• SyncopationSyncopation Registered Users Posts: 341 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2010
    Hi Liz,

My hopefully constructive thoughts...........

No. 1 doesn't really do anything for me - took me a while to spot the baseball

No. 2 is a great shot but is just missing a couple of fingertips !

No. 3 looks a little over-processed and the foreground and background are distracting

No. 4 almost works. Maybe a square crop cutting out the figure on the RHS. There's just enough of a gap to do it

No. 5 the fence is a little too distracting. A shallower depth of field may have worked better.
    Syncopation

The virtue of the camera is not the power it has to transform the photographer into an artist, but the impulse it gives him to keep on looking. - Brook Atkinson- 1951
  • SyncopationSyncopation Registered Users Posts: 341 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2010
    909044105_CttjR-L.jpg
    Syncopation

The virtue of the camera is not the power it has to transform the photographer into an artist, but the impulse it gives him to keep on looking. - Brook Atkinson- 1951
  • lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2010
    Hi Liz,

My hopefully constructive thoughts...........

No. 1 doesn't really do anything for me - took me a while to spot the baseball

No. 2 is a great shot but is just missing a couple of fingertips !

No. 3 looks a little over-processed and the foreground and background are distracting

No. 4 almost works. Maybe a square crop cutting out the figure on the RHS. There's just enough of a gap to do it.
    No. 5 the fence is a little too distracting. A shallower depth of field may have worked better.

Thanks for looking and commenting--C&C always helps.

1. There are two balls, lol. I was hoping to capture a snapshot of the scene--two kids playing stoopball, the mothers of different races waiting around watching the game etc. A typical day--but looks like I missed my goal.

2. Didn't even notice the finger!--was too busy patting myself on the back getting the shot rolleyes1.gif.

3. Yes, busted-was trying something different on the processing. I like it, but I tend to like overprocessed, high contrast and overcooked shots--it's a problem I"m seeing a shrink about.
    Also I wanted to get the winnign team drooling over the trophies while the losing team was made to run laps around them--but I guess you guys have no way of knowing that without my saying so, which of course means it's not a good shot if it doesn't tell the story.

4. Love your crop on this--Gotta try and remember to use the square crops more often. I have difficulty still cropping my shots. I do love this shot though and the very real emotions on the kids faces who lost the championship game.

5. I wasn't sure if the fence would work here or not. I wanted to get a shot of the family as they watched the game, and the little boy facing the otherway completely. I couldn't get past that fence though.

Again, thanks for commenting.

I kind of had a feeling I missed the boat on this one due to the lack of response.
    Liz A.
    _________