My First Wedding

NikonsandVstromsNikonsandVstroms Registered Users Posts: 990 Major grins
edited November 5, 2014 in Weddings
This was back on New Years Day and there's a cool back story behind it. My friend was originally planning to get married in the spring and had contacted me and some other people about helping out but another person in the music scene offered their house for NYD which was only a month away. Somehow even with that tiny amount of time everyone came together and pulled it off. There was tons of food, drinks, musicians, photographers (I was one of 4, though I was in charge for the ceremony) and even though I had to take a lot of time off to rest even from mingling since I had just been hospitalized a week or 2 before it was a lot of fun.

Since I was still out of it on top of my other physical issues I only popped in for a few photos here and there, and then actually did the ceremony shooting while sitting on the floor. It was a very dark house as well, but my friend wanted me to process them like I do for my concert shots so available light was enough.

1) i-QdFVdjT.jpg

2) i-8Ztw5R7.jpg

3) i-DMWLQ9z.jpg

4) i-LMh355Z.jpg

5) i-CXhk8hq.jpg

6) i-pxxw2s9.jpg

7) i-SqkXxsJ.jpg

8) i-ScF939b.jpg

9) i-8PR725B.jpg

10) i-C9q8bw2.jpg

11) i-WNnZ8Gk.jpg

12) i-hjHzZ7d.jpg

13) i-hNssF3K.jpg

14) i-PstqgN9.jpg

15) i-F7MQqvZ.jpg

16) i-wSM88DR.jpg

17) i-ZgxpC39.jpg

18) i-TSjPhMs.jpg

19) i-QhDbP33.jpg

20) i-jw4bHKm.jpg

Comments

• FoquesFoques Registered Users Posts: 1,951 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2014
    I think you did a fantastic job!
    Arseny - the too honest guy.
    My Site
    My Facebook
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,904 moderator
    edited October 30, 2014
    Some very nice pictures. Love the emotion. Love it.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2014
    Lively and fun shots! Especially like #8!
    Where in the world you found such interesting caste of characters? Like it was a drama company or something.
    Also, just curious, is this a straight wedding? Not sure about the groom.....just wondering, that's all.
    Again, very enjoyable.....especially joyous expressions.....thats my thing and this made me happy!
    Cheers!
  • NikonsandVstromsNikonsandVstroms Registered Users Posts: 990 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2014
    Stumblebum wrote: »
    Lively and fun shots! Especially like #8!
    Where in the world you found such interesting caste of characters? Like it was a drama company or something.

Welcome to my weird little corner of the Boston music/art scene! And this is everyone in their formal attire....at shows it's A LOT crazier.
    Also, just curious, is this a straight wedding? Not sure about the groom.....just wondering, that's all.

Nope.
    Again, very enjoyable.....especially joyous expressions.....thats my thing and this made me happy!
    Cheers!

Thanks!
  • trooperstroopers Registered Users Posts: 317 Major grins
    edited November 3, 2014
    Bravo...love the emotion! Thanks for sharing.
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2014
    great captures, I love the candid feel..I get what you are trying to do with the processing..that look is good, but even then it is touch underexposed imo.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • Gaby617Gaby617 Registered Users Posts: 218 Major grins
    edited November 4, 2014
    Awesome shots! Glad to see a local on here. Digging the overall process on these. I agree w/ Qarik about bieng a bit underexposed #15 being the one to stick out.
  • NikonsandVstromsNikonsandVstroms Registered Users Posts: 990 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2014
    Gaby617 wrote: »
    Awesome shots! Glad to see a local on here. Digging the overall process on these. I agree w/ Qarik about bieng a bit underexposed #15 being the one to stick out.

Thanks! And you're both dead on...those ceremony shots were ISO 12,800 on a D7100, @ F2.8 there was no light at all. I kept those areas dark so the shadow noise wouldn't go too crazy so that was the trade off. She hasn't asked for prints yet but I might test this out and try some with the exposure bumped a bit to see how they come out, the noise always seems to look a lot worse on the monitor VS a print. Thanks for the critique.
  • FlyNavyFlyNavy Registered Users Posts: 1,350 Major grins
    edited November 5, 2014
    I love how you captured the emotion of the wedding party. clap.gif