Options

Camera

PattiPatti Registered Users Posts: 1,576 Major grins
edited May 31, 2010 in Street and Documentary
882933919_vHPcM-XL.jpg
The use of a camera is similar to that of a knife. You can use it to peel potatoes, or carve a flute. ~ E. Kahlmeyer
... I'm still peeling potatoes.

patti hinton photography

Comments

• Options
    Jack'll doJack'll do Registered Users Posts: 2,977 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2010
    Really wonderful Patti. The conversion is top notch too. The couple liesurely perusing their slides is such a counterpoint to the rushing woman. And the bike suggests she'd get there faster if she had one. clap.gif

ETA: Only slight nit is that you could lose everything to the left of the pole. But that's just MHO.

Jack
    (My real name is John but Jack'll do)
  • Options
    bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited May 29, 2010
    Like it thumb.gif
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,696 moderator
    edited May 30, 2010
    Me too!!
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,913 moderator
    edited May 30, 2010
    clap.gifclap.gif What a fun capture!
  • Options
    bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2010
    Patti wrote: »

Very nice - but even nicer if...you had shifted just enough to the right to include the "C" in Camera, and had waited for the rushing woman to be positioned between the lower hands of the figures in the store window...just sayin'...:ivar
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • Options
    rainbowrainbow Registered Users Posts: 2,765 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2010
    Well done! What a great "passerby" to help add so much to the shot!
  • Options
    BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2010
    Way cool! I think that leaving the pole is a counterbalance to the missing "C" if the pole wasn't there one could think that the image is improperly cropped. It appears to my eye that the completion factor only happens with the pole there. I do like the look of the harried person counter to the posed leisurely slide viewers.
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
  • Options
    FlowermanFlowerman Registered Users Posts: 141 Major grins
    edited May 30, 2010
    Patti, what time frame - year - are we viewing? I wish the ads on the pole were more telling to place a time for the capture.
    Aside from all of this time thing, IMO you were able to get three related stories in one shot - a great WOW. Great capture and story board.
    ED
  • Options
    michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2010
    The posture of the woman is reflected in the core frame of the bicycle. Especially if you consider the circle on the locking stand at her back leg with the rear wheel of the cycle. I love this sort of thing. clap.gif
  • Options
    FlowermanFlowerman Registered Users Posts: 141 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2010
    Patti: I think I am loosing it - upon a closer look I see that the individuals looking at the slides is a picture not real people.
    ED
  • Options
    PattiPatti Registered Users Posts: 1,576 Major grins
    edited May 31, 2010
    bdcolen wrote: »
    Very nice - but even nicer if...you had shifted just enough to the right to include the "C" in Camera, and had waited for the rushing woman to be positioned between the lower hands of the figures in the store window...just sayin'...:ivar

BD, wouldn't the bike obscure the movement of the woman and detract from the motion?

rainbow wrote: »
    Well done! What a great "passerby" to help add so much to the shot!

Thanks rainbow! Her movement was so exaggerated to the point of being comedic.

Way cool! I think that leaving the pole is a counterbalance to the missing "C" if the pole wasn't there one could think that the image is improperly cropped. It appears to my eye that the completion factor only happens with the pole there. I do like the look of the harried person counter to the posed leisurely slide viewers.

I agree about the pole. I actually liked the obscured C as well and found such contrast between the relaxed leisurely mood of the couple vs. the harried pedestrian.

Flowerman wrote: »
    Patti, what time frame - year - are we viewing? I wish the ads on the pole were more telling to place a time for the capture.
    Aside from all of this time thing, IMO you were able to get three related stories in one shot - a great WOW. Great capture and story board.
    ED

Thanks Flowerman. I took it on Saturday so a nice warm spring day on Queen St. West. :D

michswiss wrote: »
    The posture of the woman is reflected in the core frame of the bicycle. Especially if you consider the circle on the locking stand at her back leg with the rear wheel of the cycle. I love this sort of thing. clap.gif

I'd never have noticed that Jenn. Thanks for your take on it.
    Flowerman wrote: »
    Patti: I think I am loosing it - upon a closer look I see that the individuals looking at the slides is a picture not real people.
    ED
    rolleyes1.gif
    The use of a camera is similar to that of a knife. You can use it to peel potatoes, or carve a flute. ~ E. Kahlmeyer
    ... I'm still peeling potatoes.

patti hinton photography