Soft Proofing using PSE 4.0

luisaphotoluisaphoto Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
edited April 10, 2007 in SmugMug Support
Hello, I read your soft proofing tutorial, but because I am using Photoshop Elements 4.0 on a MacBookPro, I don't have a "Proof setup" line after I click "View". Is there another way for me to soft proof using my setup? I downloaded the ICC profile without any problems; I just can't use it!

Also, is it advisable to use Autocorrect for printing as a default, even after soft proofing and tweaking colors with PSE? Thanks.

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 10, 2007
    Hi, there is no soft proof in PSE4, sorry. It's photoshop only.

Use our Auto :)
    http://smugmug.jot.com/WikiHome/PrintingAutoOrTrueColor

thumb.gif

Holler back with any questions. I'll be here for you!
  • luisaphotoluisaphoto Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited April 10, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Hi, there is no soft proof in PSE4, sorry. It's photoshop only.

Use our Auto :)
    http://smugmug.jot.com/WikiHome/PrintingAutoOrTrueColor

thumb.gif

Holler back with any questions. I'll be here for you!

Hmmm...ok. Thanks for the quick reply, Andy.

If I do my own color corrections and retouching for my proofs using PSE4, should I still use Autocorrect as well before sending them for printing? Thanks.
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 10, 2007
    luisaphoto wrote:
    Hmmm...ok. Thanks for the quick reply, Andy.

If I do my own color corrections and retouching for my proofs using PSE4, should I still use Autocorrect as well before sending them for printing? Thanks.
    Most of the time, Yes :) When we get unhappy print customers (very rare, versus the total number of print orders we do).. 9/10 of those returns are from True Color orders.

I'll be happy to review a gallery of shots you've worked up, if you wish, just post a link here.
  • luisaphotoluisaphoto Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    edited April 10, 2007
    Andy wrote:
    Most of the time, Yes :) When we get unhappy print customers (very rare, versus the total number of print orders we do).. 9/10 of those returns are from True Color orders.

I'll be happy to review a gallery of shots you've worked up, if you wish, just post a link here.

Thanks! I will take you up on that offer. May I email the link(s) to you as these photos would be coming from locked galleries?