edited August 8, 2016 in Street and Documentary
Museum shot

DSC_1894.NEF-X3.jpg
Rags

Comments

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,913 moderator
    edited July 28, 2016
    I'm a little torn about this one. I like the geometry and frames within frames. But as it stands, the figure and the painting he's trying to understand are a little too small. Getting closer might have improved the narrative, and it would be more obvious that the vertical elements in the painting echo the geometry of the gallery, but that would reduce the number of nested frames. Maybe there are two shots here, not one headscratch.gif. ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2016
    I like the shot, and I agree with Richard's points... perhaps a crop the includes only the middle room and the far room with the man.
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • Options
    toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2016
    Richard wrote: »
    I'm a little torn about this one. I like the geometry and frames within frames. But as it stands, the figure and the painting he's trying to understand are a little too small. Getting closer might have improved the narrative, and it would be more obvious that the vertical elements in the painting echo the geometry of the gallery, but that would reduce the number of nested frames. Maybe there are two shots here, not one headscratch.gif. ne_nau.gif

Hey Richard....

I've thought about this image and your comments for a while

The shot isn't such a big deal and the issue is with me; as to what I determine is the subject...

I couldn't make up my mind then I tried cropping - then I discovered the shot has too much noise and is a tosser

Thanks for you perceptive comments
    Rags