In the zócalo in the Bajío, Méjico.

The figures are life-sized

HDR_2489a_zps7021fc78.jpg
It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata

Comments

• rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2013
    Willard,

While the scene is nice I'm sure in person, it represents one of those (and there are many) scenes that won't translate well to the viewer in a photograph represented as encountered. (In person)

The eye is always drawn first to either brightness, bold color or high contrast.

In this scene, the foreground is much brighter than your subjects. That's where the eye immediately goes, and tries to stay. There would be many techniques to mitigate this. One would be to simply crop it out. (simply scroll the image down as a makeshift way to crop the bottom of the image off. Notice how the rest of the image is much easier for your eye to locate more important subjects in the image)

Another would be for YOU to control the light. Remember; if nature won't give you the light you need, you still have post processing to help. I'd burn down the foreground so that it's secondary, then I'd dodge areas of importance to the scene.

Hope the feedback helps. (If you even wanted feedback)
    Randy
  • willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins
    edited December 29, 2013
    Thanks for the feedback/.

I cropped it the way I did because it leads the eye well into the creche and angel. I tried cropping the foreground and it made the photo much more busy and lost the center of focus.
    It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata