Lake Tahoe and vicinity

YosemYosem Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
edited July 17, 2010 in Landscapes
Late May I made a run to Lake Tahoe. I wanted to go to Lake Aloha and had to settle on some waterfalls along the way as there was just to much snow and no trails to follow. Here are a few of the images from the excursion with some explanations of where I was when I took them.

This was down on the shoreline from Vista Point on Lake Tahoe

929378739_C7uZj-L.jpg

Just past Eagle Lake I could see this waterfall in the distance. I fell through the snow in a few places but eventually made it to this point.

926016565_qUSVN-L.jpg

Later in the day actually on the way back to Eagle Lake I came across this waterfall and was struck by the levels of drop off and the beauty it portrayed. Being there in real life was certainly more then a picture could produce unfortunately.

927328105_QpyYz-L.jpg

This was from the side of the original waterfall I had climbed up to. I simply crossed over at one point and came back down the other side on the way back.

927327811_b8BJ5-L.jpg

This was from another area along the Vista Point shoreline in Lake Tahoe

917586247_i5NFQ-L.jpg

Early morning at Eagle Lake before I went looking for the watefalls. Most of the lake was still frozen over but the melted area yielded a reflection.

934112341_XSu3G-L.jpg

This was a place on Cascade Lake early morning not far from Lake Tahoe

934111952_uK85t-L.jpg

A fall of which I don't know the name which had plenty of water just before the road to Cascade Lake.

929374510_UsoZq-L.jpg

Lastly an image of Eagle Falls with the spring run off just across the road from where the Eagle lake trail head begins.

927328461_pdVVh-L.jpg

There were more images but thats some of what I found in late May. It was a fun trip and I will probably do it again next year. Hopefully it will be in June so I can actually find a few trails.
C and C is always welcomed.

Comments

• ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,904 moderator
    edited July 15, 2010
    Lake Tahoe offers a variety of different spots that are all very beautiful. Eagle Lake in particular.
    The Velmas are also pretty close to the road and make a nice overnight visit too.

Some nice landscapes. Especially from Vista Point. You might want to watch the horizon though.

Nicely done!
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • wfellerwfeller Registered Users Posts: 2,625 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2010
    Wow--Tahoe goes on the list. All very nice. I like the 3rd and 4th the most.

-
    Anybody can do it.
  • HntrHntr Registered Users Posts: 30 Big grins
    edited July 15, 2010
    Very nice!
  • SimpsonBrothersSimpsonBrothers Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2010
    This one is my favorite :D

917586247_i5NFQ-S.jpg
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2010
    This one is my favorite :D

917586247_i5NFQ-S.jpg

I was just about to post this exact thing!

Gorgeous set. You caught so much from this area that a lot of folks don't usually associate with "Lake Tahoe!" thumb.gif
  • SimpsonBrothersSimpsonBrothers Registered Users Posts: 1,079 Major grins
    edited July 15, 2010
    schmoo wrote: »
    I was just about to post this exact thing!

Gorgeous set. You caught so much from this area that a lot of folks don't usually associate with "Lake Tahoe!" thumb.gif
    Exactly! Usually all I see is....

785744881_NyaqZ-Ti.jpg
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited July 17, 2010
    great series, wished I could have been there toothumb.gif
    Aaron Nelson
  • YosemYosem Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
    edited July 17, 2010
    Tahoe Vicinity
    Thanks folks,
    I'm sure there's plenty of waterfalls I haven't even touched on let alone the large collection of lakes I wanted to shoot originally. Its definitely a beautiful area and has so much to offer everyone I'll look forward to visiting again and posting other images that become available from time to time.