Recent stuff - it's been busy!!

divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
edited August 8, 2015 in People
Howdy all!

SO busy recently I've barely had time to keep up, much less post. Was in Europe to sing (despite the best efforts of United Airlines and Air Canada - OY what journeys!!), and as soon as I got back hit the ground running with the busiest I have ever been photographically. WHOOSH!!! Starting to come up for air, so thought I'd share a few. :)

1 17yo wannabe actress.

i-GHNJQKB-XL.jpg

2. Single mom and her two daughters moving out of state suddenly for a job opp across the country; has been wanting me to do pix since forever, so we somehow managed to make it happen. These were taken in the chaos of her packed up house (there was barely anywhere to stand or sit!), but a painted corner of her living room made a great shooting nook, and with some lighting magic... :wink

i-LjSJnm8-XL.jpg

3. Headshots for a singer. The fashion-y stuff happened pretty much by accident, but we had fun doing it! (NB LR autosharpened the collage - originals aren't that crunchy).

i-3QKmk9j-XL.jpg

4. Lovely cellist. (ditto on the sharpening - must remember to de-select that when using the print module to make collages!)

i-cZS8nmq-XL.jpg

5. It was impossible to take a bad picture of this young opera singer - hardest part was keeping her in one place (i did consider super-glue at one point :rofl). Amazingly fun shoot - EVERYTHING looked good with this one:thumb

i-bNFFkQr-XL.jpg

i-4pCggZM-XL.jpg

And this is what I was dealing with.......... :rofl

i-RcQ4T8m-XL.jpg

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,765 moderator
    edited August 3, 2015
    Awe DivaM, what a wonderful set! Simply awesome!!
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2015
    Great set, full of life.
  • trooperstroopers Registered Users Posts: 317 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2015
  • MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2015
    Nice sets. I really like #5 as well as the dramatic cello shot.
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2015
    mmmm..this is REALLY good stuff Diva!! I love every shot. Spot on technically and well posed and beautifully processed as well.
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
  • michaelglennmichaelglenn Registered Users Posts: 442 Major grins
    edited August 3, 2015
    Love them all! But you gotta show that one out of camera image to the forum. You just gotta :D
    wedding portfolio michaelglennphoto.com
    fashion portfolio michaelglennfashion.com
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2015
    Thanks for all the nice comments. It's been a great batch of gals to shoot - some easier than others, but overall very satisfying. :)
    Love them all! But you gotta show that one out of camera image to the forum. You just gotta :D

Since you insist :D

SOOC 1pm July. HOT and bright. Flashes totally misbehaving, misfiring, and genuinely being a PAIN. (Moral of the story: Raw is awesome)
    i-6Q9bqHd-XL.jpg

Edit
    i-TrzZqRp-X3.jpg
  • QarikQarik Registered Users Posts: 4,959 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2015
    moody!!
    D700, D600
    14-24 24-70 70-200mm (vr2)
    85 and 50 1.4
    45 PC and sb910 x2
    http://www.danielkimphotography.com
    edited August 6, 2015
    I was just happy I could recover the shot!!!
  • jonh68jonh68 Registered Users Posts: 2,711 Major grins
    edited August 7, 2015
    Good stuff. You seem to get a good connection with your clients and that is the most important thing, although the technicals are great too.
    edited August 7, 2015
    Thanks, John! That's kind of my prime directive with them, so glad it shows thumb.gif
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator
    edited August 7, 2015
    Terrific work, Diva. We couldn't let you off without one small nit though. This shot on the left here.

i-4pCggZM-M.jpg

Her nose positioned so close to her cheek edge that it really exaggerates the size of it. Compare her nose in this shot to your other shots.
    edited August 8, 2015
    Fair enough, Joel! However, doesn't bother me because the other shots actually minimize her nose - to me the one you mention looks more like reality :):):)

And now, another one.... I can't believe how busy it's been and working out of home it is TOUGH - I do more time cleaning than shooting :-/
  • jonh68jonh68 Registered Users Posts: 2,711 Major grins
    edited August 8, 2015
    Those kind of shots I put into let the client decide category. It is what it is. I like the shot so it is a personal taste issue anyway.
    divamum wrote: »
    Fair enough, Joel! However, doesn't bother me because the other shots actually minimize her nose - to me the one you mention looks more like reality :):):)

And now, another one.... I can't believe how busy it's been and working out of home it is TOUGH - I do more time cleaning than shooting :-/