Simple slideshow software with live updating?

ZBlackZBlack Registered Users Posts: 337 Major grins
edited April 19, 2016 in Finishing School
I am looking for some software that can simply run a slideshow and autoupdate the slideshow when new images are added to a designated folder. I will be running a photobooth tomorrow and the software saves the original images into one folder, and the printed/templates of the originals into another.

Ideally, I'd have some software that will keep an eye on the originals folder and just continuously cycle through images in a slideshow and include new ones as they are shot with my booth software.

The laptop I'll be using is running Windows 8 and I will have the laptop screen and a second external monitor.

Does anyone know of any free software out there that can do that? There's a ton of software for slidehows, but I haven't found one that will auto-update/live updating of new files.

Comments

• BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2013
    I do not know Windows 8, but if I remember correctly Win 7 has a SlideShow screen saver that will do what you want built in, just tell it what folder to watch. I know that Mac does.
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
  • basfltbasflt Registered Users Posts: 1,882 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2013
    I do not know Windows 8, but if I remember correctly Win 7 has a SlideShow screen saver that will do what you want built in, just tell it what folder to watch. I know that Mac does.
    windows8 has that too
    Control Panel\Appearance and Personalisation\Personalisation\Desktop Background
  • ZBlackZBlack Registered Users Posts: 337 Major grins
    edited February 25, 2013
    Thanks guys, I'll have to give that shot!
  • worldwalkproductionsworldwalkproductions Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited April 19, 2016
    new software: slidecaster
    Try this software which has a pro version that allows you to hide photos via remote app on a iphone or ipad. www.getSlidecaster.com

Disclaimer: I am the owner of this software but also a photographer. Not trying to spam, just inform.