Mini Challenge #212 - RESULTS

CavalierCavalier Registered Users Posts: 3,030 Major grins
edited September 15, 2015 in The Dgrin Challenges
First of all, may I say that there were some unique and terrific shots posted to this challenge. Thank you all for participating and sharing your beauties.

Honorable mention:

Earache - Eric, I do like the Navy hovercraft even tho it's not a plane! And your Dancer shot has incredible detail.

Thelensspot - Wayne, the Quick Silver HDR shot is really nice.

Kscooper - Eric, the throw-back feel of the Twin Beach shot keeps me coming back to look at it.

GSPep - Peter, I've never seen a Jet Assisted Take Off before - love it!

Alans Grin - Alan, the only shot I have of a Vulcan is on the ground. Thanks for posting your shot of the last Vulcan Bomber in the air!

Gatto - The shot of the Blue Angels (Hula Dancer Doll) looks like it is coming straight at you. I like the angle and the fact that you can see the pilot and copilot as well as the doll.

Winners:
Third place: Tatiana (Travelways) Snowbirds acrobatic flight demonstration in Ottawa, 1012. The colors and composition are beautiful.

snowbirds-7-1-X1.jpgFull Size

Second Place: Peter (GSPep) - Flying to the Moon. The clarity of both plane and moon is great and I love the idea!

1D4_5614-XL.jpgFull Size

First Place: Jeromy (Chandlerja) Boom! Well just Boom! Great composition and timing on this one.

TEST-4745B-XL.jpgFull Size

Congratulations to everyone for a great Challenge. Jeromy you get the pleasure of hosting the next Mini Challenge. BOOM!
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Comments

• CHANDLERJACHANDLERJA Registered Users Posts: 400 Major grins
    edited September 10, 2015
    Thanks for kind words and the Vote Jo! wings.gif
    So many really good shots. thumb.gift I'm honored. iloveyou.gif

This shot along with the others I have in series right before and after he boomed Are some the very few in my entire life of shooting that I am fully satisfied with.
    The funny thing is he wasn't supposed to break it, just get to the edge. But to my delight he went just a bit to far and for once I was actually ready, prepared and with my finger on the trigger :)

I will have the new mini up in the morning. I have an idea that hopefully everyone will really enjoy and have fun with!
    Jeromy
    http://snaptx.smugmug.com/
    Light is everything in life and photography.
  • ThelensspotThelensspot Registered Users Posts: 2,041 Major grins
    Jo, thanks for the hon mention and Jeromy congratulations on a great photo and win! clap.gif
    Can't wait for the next one!
    "Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53

• JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    Great work everyone! Jeromy that is an awesome image indeed! Kudos!
  • GSPePGSPeP Registered Users Posts: 3,728 Major grins
    edited September 15, 2015
    Wow, an honorable mention and second place. Thanks.

Jeromy, congratulations with your first place. thumb.gif