Pia & Tine - 6 year anniversary session

KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
edited August 1, 2012 in Weddings
Hi guys, I know I've been off the grid for a while. I just had a trip to Europe and while there I did a session with a couple of photographer friends who live in Slovenia to celebrate their six-year wedding anniversary in the same place they were married (Ljubljana Castle).

C&C appreciated. Enjoy!

SM120702Pia-Tine005-L.jpg

SM120702Pia-Tine009-L.jpg

SM120702Pia-Tine023-L.jpg

SM120702Pia-Tine031-L.jpg

SM120702Pia-Tine049-L.jpg

SM120702Pia-Tine051-L.jpg

SM120702Pia-Tine061-L.jpg

SM120702Pia-Tine075-L.jpg

SM120702Pia-Tine083-L.jpg
Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!

Comments

• Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2012
    noom-bre # 3!
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2012
    noom-bre # 3!

:)

I was afraid that folks here would think it was too dark, but I wanted it to be a dark, quiet image to match the mood/gesture.
    Webpage

• Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2012
    Kinkajou wrote: »
    :)

I was afraid that folks here would think it was too dark, but I wanted it to be a dark, quiet image to match the mood/gesture.

uh uh. I dig.
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2012
    Nice set...like the post processing...good work.
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
  • VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2012
    LOVE them all, please share tips on the beautiful skin tones you have in all the shots. Nice Nice stuff here !!!!bowdown.gifbowbowdown.gif
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited July 26, 2012
    VayCayMom wrote: »
    LOVE them all, please share tips on the beautiful skin tones you have in all the shots. Nice Nice stuff here !!!!bowdown.gifbowbowdown.gif

Exactly!! K, these are stunning!!!! I'm dubbing you the Crop Queen, too - love your use of negative space and funky cropping. They're unusual, but TOTALLY work. Love, love, love!
    edited July 27, 2012
    Aw, thanks guys!

I have to say that I really got lucky with the light and the skin tones here. I used Tine's black shirt with the white balance selector tool in LR as a starting point and then took a couple passes at working through the WB and color sliders to really make sure that the tones were as correct and consistent as I could get them. Fortunately we didn't have any green grass reflection and their skin tones were very similar, which was a huge help in the post work. I've got another session that I'm really struggling with because he's medium skinned/black hair and she's alabaster skinned/blonde and it's super difficult to get their skin tones consistent throughout the set.

Anyway, I really enjoyed this session (I mean, come on - it was in Slovenia with two awesome people!) and feel like I'm still growing a lot with each one that I do. Thanks for the kind words everyone :)
    Webpage

• joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
    edited July 30, 2012
    nice #1 and #5 have more headroom than I like.
    edited August 1, 2012
    joshhuntnm wrote: »
    nice #1 and #5 have more headroom than I like.

You are totally right. I was feeling that something was off but couldn't figure out what it was. Thanks!
    Webpage

• amirgamirg Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
    edited August 1, 2012
    #8 is a bit tightly framed at the bottom but I like it.