Options

Start er

rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
edited December 2, 2014 in Other Cool Shots
Seems as though we had a fat finger issue on the (unfinished) title.
Randy

Comments

• Options
    DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2014
    Yet Another Goodie in the Rust Department! YAGIRD thumb.gif

You are on a roll! :D

Don
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2014
    Love it!iloveyou.gif
    If mine, then would crop tad from top to take out the bright thing on top right and lose tad from left side for similar reason and bring the main subject in forefront!
  • Options
    edited December 2, 2014
    DonRicklin wrote: »
    Yet Another Goodie in the Rust Department! YAGIRD thumb.gif

You are on a roll! :D

Don

Thanks Don!

And yeah, a new language --- "YAGIRD"
    Randy
  • Options
    edited December 2, 2014
    Stumblebum wrote: »
    Love it!iloveyou.gif
    If mine, then would crop tad from top to take out the bright thing on top right and lose tad from left side for similar reason and bring the main subject in forefront!

Hey Taz,

Thanks for stopping by and your in-depth comment.

What you have suggested would certainly work just fine.

But, lets look into this a bit more since you brought it up...

When the image is as you stated, what do your eyes do? What path do they take?
    For me, my eye starts at the start button, it's location and it's brightness demands this of your eye. Then, it follows the gages to the right, to the knob. That's about it.

As it is now, your eye starts at the start button, (how apropos), then it follows the gages to the right. (just the same as if the crops that you stated were made) Something happens here though, your eye just catching a glimpse of that spot at the upper right corner, follows the seam up to meet that spot. Then your eye travels left, across the image following the darker demarcation to the left, then it wanders down to the lower left corner to check out what that is there.

Either one works, but as you might note, your eye does a lot more traveling with the image as is.

I enjoy directing ones eyes around an image. It's another little tool that most don't even realize you've used to direct how they view an image, that is, if you've done it right. IMHO

Just food for thought, that's why were here...
    Randy
  • Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited December 2, 2014
    rwells wrote: »
    Hey Taz,

Thanks for stopping by and your in-depth comment.

What you have suggested would certainly work just fine.

But, lets look into this a bit more since you brought it up...

When the image is as you stated, what do your eyes do? What path do they take?
    For me, my eye starts at the start button, it's location and it's brightness demands this of your eye. Then, it follows the gages to the right, to the knob. That's about it.

As it is now, your eye starts at the start button, (how apropos), then it follows the gages to the right. (just the same as if the crops that you stated were made) Something happens here though, your eye just catching a glimpse of that spot at the upper right corner, follows the seam up to meet that spot. Then your eye travels left, across the image following the darker demarcation to the left, then it wanders down to the lower left corner to check out what that is there.

Either one works, but as you might note, your eye does a lot more traveling with the image as is.

I enjoy directing ones eyes around an image. It's another little tool that most don't even realize you've used to direct how they view an image, that is, if you've done it right. IMHO

Just food for thought, that's why were here...

Hi Randy, thanks for thoughtful response! I agree that a good photo holds attention and sucks you in. Love it as it is! In general, very bright spot on the edges.....usually not ideal....makes it look like accident in my view....but sometimes they work I suppose! Love discussing photography as much as shooting! Cheers!