Homepage picture will not resize for mobile devices

just mejust me Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
edited March 30, 2015 in SmugMug Customization
Help, please. Set-up my website and the homepage picture will not resize for mobile devices. I have the picture set to stretchy... just crops it. Is there any work around or code I can use?

Thanks.

www.barrygoldschmidtphotography.com

Would like to put slideshow on the homepage if I can get the picture to work.

Comments

• TeachTeach Registered Users Posts: 320 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2015
    Depending on if you are viewing the image in portrait or in landscape view on your phone will determine how the image is viewed. There is not enough space to show the whole image in portrait style due to the screen itself.

To add a slideshow to your homepage follow these steps.

customize > content and design > homepage > add content blocks > photo > drag the "slideshow" content block onto the page > click the wrench icon > photo source > chose the source > done
    Heather
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • just mejust me Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited March 30, 2015
    Teach wrote: »
    Depending on if you are viewing the image in portrait or in landscape view on your phone will determine how the image is viewed. There is not enough space to show the whole image in portrait style due to the screen itself.

To add a slideshow to your homepage follow these steps.

customize > content and design > homepage > add content blocks > photo > drag the "slideshow" content block onto the page > click the wrench icon > photo source > chose the source > done

Thank you for your reply. There are sites here that people have put the picture / slideshow in a frame that will resize with the rotation of the screen.
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,235 moderator
    edited March 30, 2015
    just me wrote: »
    Thank you for your reply. There are sites here that people have put the picture / slideshow in a frame that will resize with the rotation of the screen.
    You are using an image that takes up the viewable space of the browser window. Usually a browser window does not use an aspect ratio similar to that of a phone.

If your photo was resized to the aspect ratio of a phone wouldn't it be distorted?

If you want a photo that resizes on a phone, have you considered not using the photo as a full page background? If you simply show a single photo it will resize on a phone. You can look at my site as an example. The photo on my homepage is a single photo content element set photo size = fit width and aspect ratio = original.

--- Denise
  • just mejust me Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited March 30, 2015
    Thanks Denise will give it a try.