Options

Finally, some street photos...

thoththoth Registered Users Posts: 1,085 Major grins
edited June 1, 2010 in Street and Documentary
Hey folks. I haven't been able to shoot much recently so I'm excited to have a couple shots to share with you. Enjoy!

1)
885361873_uX3TY-L.jpg

2)
885362839_BgV7G-L.jpg

Thanks for looking!
Travis

Comments

• Options
    bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2010
    #1, the woman in sunglasses juxtaposition makes it
  • Options
    PattiPatti Registered Users Posts: 1,576 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2010
    I like the woman plugging her ears as well as the woman in the shades. Hear no evil, see no evil... Where's speak no evil? Laughing.gif And what was so loud that she plugged her ears? Inquiring minds want to know.
    The use of a camera is similar to that of a knife. You can use it to peel potatoes, or carve a flute. ~ E. Kahlmeyer
    ... I'm still peeling potatoes.

patti hinton photography
  • Options
    edited June 1, 2010
    Thanks, both of you, for your comments. It's always fun to find out if you've succeeded with relaying a message to your viewers and, so far, I've not done that. rolleyes1.gif I'll not let my cat out of the bag just yet in the hopes that my message isn't completely lost. Thanks again! thumb.gif
    Travis
  • Options
    lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited June 1, 2010
    Travis,
    Good to see you posting again.

#1 has me baffled--I thought parade at first.
    The glimpse of the walking cane on the right made me think Memorial Day Parade, but then there seems to be a body on the floor ne_nau.gif and I want to know what the kid with the band outfit is photographing--kind of a sparse parade.

Shot two--I thought the lady under the umbrella was in costume, but not so sure anymore.

Puzzling. I'd say street fair, but the viewers, including you, seem to be lined up on the sidewalk.

In any event, I like your conversion. :D
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    edited June 1, 2010
    Travis,
    Good to see you posting again.

#1 has me baffled--I thought parade at first.
    The glimpse of the walking cane on the right made me think Memorial Day Parade, but then there seems to be a body on the floor ne_nau.gif and I want to know what the kid with the band outfit is photographing--kind of a sparse parade.

Shot two--I thought the lady under the umbrella was in costume, but not so sure anymore.

Puzzling. I'd say street fair, but the viewers, including you, seem to be lined up on the sidewalk.

In any event, I like your conversion. :D
    Thanks, Liz. If nothing else it looks like I achieved ambiguity! thumb.gif
    Travis