Dancer

D3SshooterD3Sshooter Registered Users Posts: 1,187 Major grins
edited July 31, 2014 in People
Recent shoot with a new model "Bieke". One is a crop.
CF004401-Edit-2-X3.jpg

CF004401-Edit-X3.jpg
A photographer without a style, is like a pub without beer

Comments

• kdotaylorkdotaylor Registered Users Posts: 1,274 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2014
    Love #1. Maybe it's the pose, maybe it's the incongruous look of the sweater on top with the bare legs on the bottom, maybe it's the pose, and to me it looks like her legs are bigger than her head (maybe they are); but #2 doesn't work for me.
    Kate
    www.katetaylor.smugmug.com
    "You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain
  • M38A1M38A1 Registered Users Posts: 1,317 Major grins
    edited July 29, 2014
    For me, #1 is stunning. Absolutely stunning.
    Everything from the perfect lighting to the clarity/crispness and color balance. And that window behind her is simply wonderful.

Even knowing she's a dancer, #2 made me lose all that good feeling I saw in #1. I "think" it's the same shot, just a full image. But the legs open like that just took it all away for me. Maybe a lost innocence? The environment? Maybe would have worked better if in a dance studio? It's just not as strong for me.

But again, #1 is just stunning drop dead beautiful work. thumb.gif

• D3SshooterD3Sshooter Registered Users Posts: 1,187 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2014
    kdotaylor wrote: »
    Love #1. Maybe it's the pose, maybe it's the incongruous look of the sweater on top with the bare legs on the bottom, maybe it's the pose, and to me it looks like her legs are bigger than her head (maybe they are); but #2 doesn't work for me.

TXS for your comments. sweater/legs was al part of the plan…. that is what she puts on after the dance and a very short skirt…. sitting like this is always a difficult one due to the in-look. Hence the white cloth.
    And here legs wel they are very nice and not bigger then the head rolleyes1.gif But you have a point due the perspective the head is a bit to small….easy fix… still great to get your views thumb.gif
  • D3SshooterD3Sshooter Registered Users Posts: 1,187 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2014
    M38A1 wrote: »
    F
    Even knowing she's a dancer, #2 made me lose all that good feeling I saw in #1. I "think" it's the same shot, just a full image. But the legs open like that just took it all away for me. Maybe a lost innocence? The environment? Maybe would have worked better if in a dance studio? It's just not as strong for me.

But again, #1 is just stunning drop dead beautiful work. thumb.gif

Thanks Scott, it is a crop from the second….and I do have a set in the old house where she stands on the tips of here tows …..that must hurt. But then again she is dancer and can do it…..So what I gather here is that the position of the legs is an issue….although nothing can be seen… the funny part is that they do sit like this on chairs during a the dance tranings. I will see waht I can do about it…. TXS Scott
  • M38A1M38A1 Registered Users Posts: 1,317 Major grins
    edited July 31, 2014
    Yes.... The first is perfect, where the "legs" appears provocative to some extent? Then again, it could only be me that feels this way.