Please review my website

NavyMooseNavyMoose Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins
edited August 1, 2007 in Mind Your Own Business
Hello All,

I have finished all the customization I felt needed to be done to get my website off the ground. The links all work, and thanks to Rich Wilson my slide show works.

Can you please provide some constructive criticism regarding my website?

As a note, not all my galleries have price tags because I need to do some tweaking regarding the prices.

My website is www.lmusicofphoto.com

Thank you!!

Sincerely,

Navy Moose
Photography, as a powerful medium of expression and communications, offers an infinite variety of perception, interpretation and execution.--
Ansel Adams

Comments

• mr peasmr peas Registered Users Posts: 1,369 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2007
    Your layout is simply and clean. I like it. I like the orange-ish color for the bg, it pops out to me.

A few things to fix though. Your logo up top for example, it looks highly compressed, you may want to redo that logo and re-upload it in a much higher resolution.

Also, you can try re-organizing your gallery by the types of photos. For ex: Boston Public Gardens ---> Nature Shots, Lihjt Houses + Rockport + Essex ---> Architecture, Civil War Re-enactment ---> People. Etc.

But do it when you have more photos available to share.

But yeah, I like it as I said before, a few minor tweaks here and there now or later is sure to help. The watermarks on the photos aren't excessive, however, if you can find a way to maybe make it more 'see-through' but not the point you cant see your information, that would make it nicer to view.

Btw, I love the sweet colors you have on the photos of flowers!
  • nipprdognipprdog Registered Users Posts: 660 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2007
    I would suggest setting up aother private gallery for you slideshow pics, and use versions without the watermark. the versions in all of our slideshows are too small too worry about someone using them.
  • NavyMooseNavyMoose Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins
    edited August 1, 2007
    re-website review
    I was thinking about that, so I could have images from multiple galleries.

Thank you!
    nipprdog wrote:
    I would suggest setting up aother private gallery for you slideshow pics, and use versions without the watermark. the versions in all of our slideshows are too small too worry about someone using them.
    Photography, as a powerful medium of expression and communications, offers an infinite variety of perception, interpretation and execution.--
    Ansel Adams
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator
    edited August 1, 2007
    NavyMoose wrote:
    I was thinking about that, so I could have images from multiple galleries.
    Another way to have images from multiple galleries in your slide show is to use a keyword for the slideshow instead of specifying a gallery. I have a keyword with the single purpose of driving my home page slideshow.

--- Denise