Direct links to specific products?

divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
edited April 21, 2015 in SmugMug Pro Sales Support
- I would like to offer images from a recent event, but I'd like to link clients directly to specific products (in this case 5x7 prints, and full-gallery digital downloads). Possible?

- Subsidiary question: when I clicked "buy now" and looked for digital downloads, I couldn't find it myself in my price list (yes it's set in my price list). Where is it? (Do you have to be logged out?)

Thanks in advance!!

Comments

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator
    edited April 20, 2015
    divamum wrote: »
    ...I'd like to link clients directly to specific products (in this case 5x7 prints, and full-gallery digital downloads). Possible?

- Subsidiary question: when I clicked "buy now" and looked for digital downloads, I couldn't find it myself in my price list (yes it's set in my price list). Where is it? (Do you have to be logged out?)
    The option to purchase digital downloads doesn't show when you are logged in.

I'm not aware of a method to link clients directly to specific products other than by limiting the available products in the gallery to the two you mentioned. Hopefully someone else has a better answer.

--- Denise
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2015
    Thanks, Denise!

Hmm. Do I need to be the Business account user to limit products for one gallery? I have a portfolio account. If I can do that, it would work perfectly I think!
    edited April 20, 2015
    Hmm. Do I need to be the Business account user to limit products for one gallery? I have a portfolio account. If I can do that, it would work perfectly I think!
    Yes, you would need a business account if you want to use multiple price lists. Portfolio allows only a single price list.

--- Denise
    edited April 20, 2015
    No, I understand. What I meant was, is it possible to restrict to just the two products on my existing price list.
    edited April 20, 2015
    No, I understand. What I meant was, is it possible to restrict to just the two products on my existing price list.
    It should be - but if you activate the price list with that change it will apply to all galleries on your site where you have enabled purchasing photos.

--- Denise
    edited April 21, 2015
    thumb.gif Thanks!