My New Old Leica:

gvfgvf Registered Users Posts: 356 Major grins
edited May 28, 2015 in Cameras
I always wanted Leica M, that's the legendary film rangefinder, but Leicas can cost a LOT of money. Leica had a "deal" for wannabe leica shooters about a year ago. They now make digital as well as film cameras.
You got a new M7, the latest film camera, plus a standard 50mm lens. At the unheard of low price of
$7600.
I saw a Leica lens on Ebay the other day: $11,000.

This is the M3, think a 1955, it looks new. $1150 I paid. It has one problem, a hair in the finder-lens, but that's about it.
The "hair" could also be a crack in the prism in there. But I will get it CLAd and we will see. It's not really a crack when that happens, but the separation of something in there, the fix is they glue it back together, not expensive. Shipping boo-boo.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/311349810473?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2648&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
(Just scroll down a bit)

These cameras are hard to focus, rangefinders have a rep for that. But you get used to it, and I bought a diopter I'll install. That'll help.

The M3 is considered by many Leica aficionados to be the finest of Leica Cameras. It is one of, if not THE top 35mm film cameras in the world

Here's a shot:

LeicaTree-L.jpg

Comments