edited February 4, 2011 in Landscapes

Comments

• STphotosSTphotos Registered Users Posts: 32 Big grins
    edited February 3, 2011
    Awesome.
  • rontront Registered Users Posts: 1,473 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2011
    WOW, very good documentary photos!!

Dumb question time. In the first 2 pics, there are care that are snowed in and not moving. Is that one half of the freeway? It looks like it is.

Ron
    "The question is not what you look at, but what you see". Henry David Thoreau

http://ront.smugmug.com/
    Nikon D600, Nikon 85 f/1.8G, Nikon 24-120mm f/4, Nikon 70-300, Nikon SB-700, Canon S95
  • FoquesFoques Registered Users Posts: 1,951 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2011
    aye, it is the Lake Shore Drive freeway.

Jeff, you are a bloody maniac for going out there in this cold!!

you are still one of my fave admins, though.. :)
    Arseny - the too honest guy.
    My Site
    My Facebook
  • JimKarczewskiJimKarczewski Registered Users Posts: 969 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2011
    I'm heading out there today now that I've dug my car out and removed the snow out of 1/2 a block of the alley. Plows don't hit the alleys right away, so had to do it myself. Now for some snow + blue skies!
  • schmooschmoo Registered Users Posts: 8,468 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2011
    Even for the midwest that is a lot of snow! I did hear that you guys have finally gotten some sun... and it looks like you need it. thumb.gif
  • jdryan3jdryan3 Registered Users Posts: 1,353 Major grins
    edited February 3, 2011
    I saw video of the Lake Shore Drive polar ice cap on the news but that shot is even better
    "Don't ask me what I think of you, I might not give the answer that you want me to. Oh well."
    -Fleetwood Mac
  • anwmn1anwmn1 Registered Users Posts: 3,469 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2011
    Awesome shots. clap.gif

While I enjoy that I never have to deal with any weather even close to that - it does make for some fantastic photo opportunities. deal.gif
    "The Journey of life is as much in oneself as the roads one travels"

Aaron Newman

Facebook: Capturing Light and Emotion
  • David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,167 moderator
    edited February 4, 2011
    Hi Chi.P.S.! Interesting seeing your city perspective on our little snowflake party. Mirrors what I witnessed out this way only our burb didn't have 1,500 cars stranded on a single motorway like LSD had (Lake Shore Drive for you out-of-towners). Hadn't seen a detailed photo of that yet - only what I saw on the news helicopters. I got an unexpected "snow day" from work wednesday and instead walked around taking pictures myself.

Did you happen to see any dangerous falling ice or snow from buildings threatening people below?
    My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky