my site, smugmug.com, images linking to smugmug will not load.

Daniel HulsbosDaniel Hulsbos Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
edited April 8, 2013 in SmugMug Support
Hello everyone,

Starting mid last week, I cannot load anything relating to the www.smugmug.com site, such as smugmug.com itself, my wesbite, or any of the images at the top of the dgrin forum pages. Any other page that I attempt to load does so as it normally would, but the error occurs on any computer I have tried it on.

My website, www.danielhulsbosphoto.com, which is hosted through smugmug domains with GoDaddy, will not load. My browser (FF, chrome, IE all behave the same way, even after clearing cache, rebooting, etc) attempts to load the page, then fails after a minute or two.

I thought this may have been a custom domain name issue, but I cannot access my site to attempt to make any changes, and the error occurs on any page/image in any way connected to the smugmug domain.

On rare occasions, the browser will load something, but it is as shown in the attached image, and not remotely correct.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I use the client gallery capability almost daily to show files to clients, so this puts a bit of a damper on my productivity.

Daniel

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2011
    Hm, your site is working perfectly for me, can you please write our Support Heroes we'll help from the desk, thanks.
  • Daniel HulsbosDaniel Hulsbos Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited April 11, 2011
    Thanks for the quick reply, Andy.

Could we do some sort of workaround? Do you have an email address I can use? I cannot access the link, presumably because it is on smugmug.com. This error is truly bizarre...
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited April 11, 2011
    Thanks for the quick reply, Andy.

Could we do some sort of workaround? Do you have an email address I can use? I cannot access the link, presumably because it is on smugmug.com. This error is truly bizarre...

Our email address:

20110412-8gts5axdg37im3q3u751pyw1kf.jpg
  • Daniel HulsbosDaniel Hulsbos Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
    edited April 11, 2011
    Andy wrote: »
    Our email address:

20110412-8gts5axdg37im3q3u751pyw1kf.jpg

Thanks again! I have sent an email outlining the issue.
  • stphotographystphotography Registered Users Posts: 133 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2013
    So the same for me. Cannot open www.smugmug.com at all, no one site, connected to smugmug. Some my smugmug photos are posted to Wordpress blog with the opportunity to open big photo back on Smugmug - this opportunuty does not work anymore.
    And I cannot see photos on top of Dgrin forum pages. The problem appeared may be an hour ago.
  • grannyrobingrannyrobin Registered Users Posts: 134 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2013
    So the same for me. Cannot open www.smugmug.com at all, no one site, connected to smugmug. Some my smugmug photos are posted to Wordpress blog with the opportunity to open big photo back on Smugmug - this opportunuty does not work anymore.
    And I cannot see photos on top of Dgrin forum pages. The problem appeared may be an hour ago.

I believe the site is down. Our engineers are working on it now. We'll restore service just as soon as we possibly can. Sorry for the problem!

-Robin
  • stphotographystphotography Registered Users Posts: 133 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2013
    I believe the site is down. We're contacting our engineers, letting them know of the problem. We'll restore service just as soon as we possibly can. Sorry for the problem!

-Robin

Thanks for ther quick response.
    I checked the status.smugmug.com and it informed me that site is up and rumming. But maybe that is a mistake.
  • AceCo55AceCo55 Registered Users Posts: 950 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2013
    Thanks for the heads up ... I have the same problem. Comforting to know it isn't just me.
    My opinion does not necessarily make it true. What you do with my opinion is entirely up to you.
    www.acecootephotography.com
  • docwalkerdocwalker Registered Users Posts: 1,867 SmugMug Employee
    edited April 7, 2013
    Thanks for ther quick response.
    I checked the status.smugmug.com and it informed me that site is up and rumming. But maybe that is a mistake.

When the site goes down the engineers first check to see what is happening. Sometimes it is an easy fix and they can get things working quickly. If not, they update the status page as soon as possible so there can be a delay. Sorry for the trouble.
    SmugMug Support Hero
    http://help.smugmug.com
  • grannyrobingrannyrobin Registered Users Posts: 134 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2013
    The site is up and running normally again.

-Robin
    Support Hero
  • AceCo55AceCo55 Registered Users Posts: 950 Major grins
    edited April 7, 2013
    Might be up and running ... but I can't login to my site. I can use it as a visitor but I just get a never-ending "connecting" message. headscratch.gif

All good now - I am able to log in.

Thanks
    My opinion does not necessarily make it true. What you do with my opinion is entirely up to you.
    www.acecootephotography.com
  • ericp502ericp502 Registered Users Posts: 4 Beginner grinner
    edited April 7, 2013
    AceCo55 wrote: »
    Might be up and running ... but I can't login to my site. I can use it as a visitor but I just get a never-ending "connecting" message. headscratch.gif

All good now - I am able to log in.

Thanks

Looks like this is happening again. No images are being loaded when going to my site. E-mailing support now.

E
  • mbonocorembonocore Registered Users Posts: 2,299 Major grins
    edited April 8, 2013
    ericp502 wrote: »
    Looks like this is happening again. No images are being loaded when going to my site. E-mailing support now.

E

Hi Eric,

Can you please confirm everything is back to normal?

I apologize for any issues you may have been experiencing!

Michael