ooycz 4

kdotaylorkdotaylor Registered Users Posts: 1,274 Major grins
edited March 31, 2014 in The Dgrin Challenges
Joyce, I've been a regular participant and have greatly enjoyed these challenges. I know what I'm about to say has all been discussed at length; and I understand the need to have people comment/critique for these challenges to be meaningful. I agree.

However, I just want to share how I feel:

This is way too complicated!
There are way too many directions and rules and procedures.
Even after entering the challenges previously, I'm confused. I don't want to have to take the time to read through and think so hard about entering a photo challenge....I just don't have the time! There must be some way to simplify this process!
Kate
www.katetaylor.smugmug.com
"You cannot depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus." Mark Twain

Comments

• KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
    edited March 27, 2014
    Does anyone remember how it was set up in 2008, 2009-ish? I remember there were guest judges, which was an issue finding them sometimes, but the system seemed to be fairly straightforward. I wasn't on the admin side, though, so I have no idea what the issues were or why it was changed.

That said, Joyce, it's clear that you've been putting a lot of work into these challenges and I am VERY happy to see them still happening! It was an excellent source of growth for me when I was a regular participant and I think can be a wonderful tool to stretch people's creativity and technique, so I'm so thankful they exist! :)
    Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!
  • JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited March 31, 2014
    Kate, for the most part, the instructions are rather easy. Just take an image during the challenge time frame, then either put it up for pre critiques or put it into the entry thread when ot comes up. Then critique in the final thread and vote. This is how we have done the first 4, but I am still in the works to change the end way of voting and eliminating the entry thread all together. Hopefully that will make it easier for all to participate and be more like how it use to be.