Desert Monsoon

dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
edited August 1, 2015 in Landscapes
Last nights monsoon was spectacular. Captured with Fuji XT-1 in Tucson just after sunset.

DSCF3689-X2.jpg

Comments

• bocoboco Registered Users Posts: 710 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2015
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2015
    boco wrote: »
    prachtige opname.
    grt,boco.

dankjewel:D
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator
    edited August 1, 2015
    Very nice Dan.

Our previous conversation helped me stop arguing with myself over picking up an X-T1; your comments helped. Camera just arrived and I did my first playing with it this morning. So far so good!

--- Denise
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2015
    Very nice Dan.

Our previous conversation helped me stop arguing with myself over picking up an X-T1; your comments helped. Camera just arrived and I did my first playing with it this morning. So far so good!

--- Denise

It will take some practice and getting use to, but it is a fabulous camera.deal.gifD
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator
    edited August 1, 2015
    dlplumer wrote: »
    It will take some practice and getting use to, but it is a fabulous camera.deal.gifD
    I can definitely see it will take some time to learn the camera. I already called Fuji support because the sequence of the buttons to update the firmware wasn't clear (to me, at least). Somehow I missed the fact that I had to hold the DISP/BACK button in while turning on the camera. Once I understood that the update was smooth.

Thanks for confirming that it will take a bit to get used to the camera, at one point I thought it was just me!

--- Denise
  • ThelensspotThelensspot Registered Users Posts: 2,041 Major grins
    edited August 1, 2015
    Dan, this is wonderful. I love the silhouette of the cactus against a beautiful sunset. The rain storm is a pure bonus. The limbs to the far right look a little out of focus (I'm thinking wind) so maybe a tighter crop on the right? I'm thinking right up to the far right cactus and then getting rid of the small amount of branches that remain.
    "Photography is partly art and partly science. Really good photography adds discipline, sacrifice and a never ending pursuit of photographic excellence"...ziggy53