Fall abstract

JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins
edited October 9, 2013 in Other Cool Shots
cz_2013_0024-19-XL.jpg

Trees and their reflection, purposely out of focus. Best seen from a distance with a glass of wine...

Comments

• JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins
    edited September 30, 2013
    cz_2013_0022-19-XL.jpg
    Here's another attempt, I kind of like the idea, even though it hasn't picked up much traction... There's always room for experiments I suppose.
  • CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins
    edited September 30, 2013
    Cristobal, I like the second one. I don't dislike the first but it's a little too blurred to work for me. I've done some of this and found that I was about the only person who liked the results. Most people are too used to thinking that photographs must be sharp.
    edited October 1, 2013
    Cornflake wrote: »
    Cristobal, I like the second one. I don't dislike the first but it's a little too blurred to work for me. I've done some of this and found that I was about the only person who liked the results. Most people are too used to thinking that photographs must be sharp.

Thanks for the comment Cornflake. I agree with you on the excessive blur. I like the concept and I am still experimenting. Here is a version of the second that is getting closer to what I want. This is blending a sharp and a blurred pic.

Fall%20abstract%2064%20sharp-XL.jpg
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2013
    Juano wrote: »
    Thanks for the comment Cornflake. I agree with you on the excessive blur. I like the concept and I am still experimenting. Here is a version of the second that is getting closer to what I want. This is blending a sharp and a blurred pic.

Fall%20abstract%2064%20sharp-XL.jpg

I like this one best of all....it is cool. clap.gif
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

edited October 7, 2013
    Thanks! I'm pleased with the results. I'll keep experimenting with the same idea, it has been a learning experience.
  • EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2013
    Nice work Cristóbal - I like them all - the last one the best - although, I like the landscape crop of the first image more than a square crop.
    One thing I like about the first one is that - as OOF as it is - I still recognize the scene... that's cool!
    Eric ~ Smugmug
    edited October 9, 2013
    Earache wrote: »
    Nice work Cristóbal - I like them all - the last one the best - although, I like the landscape crop of the first image more than a square crop.
    One thing I like about the first one is that - as OOF as it is - I still recognize the scene... that's cool!

Thanks Eric. I stumbled upon this idea and wanted to explore it. I'm glad you liked the second one, I think there's potential for some cool shots. Here are a couple more. I think I'm done for the time being.

Riverbend%20ponds%2010-8-1%2056-XL.jpg

Fall%201%20layered-XL.jpg