Golden light

JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins
edited October 11, 2013 in Other Cool Shots

Comments

• redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2013
    I love this, Juano! Great colors and the kind of abstract I like--hints of detail in the trees and nice reflections. Well done!

Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2013
    I've been following your latest efforts in this direction, Cristóbal. The extreme OOF look in the first couple of presentations didn't hold much appeal for me....I liked the colors but I'm just not a fan of so much focus blurring. These last couple shots, including this one, mitigate my position considerably....I like them. The softening of your approach to the OOF presentation makes for images I find much more interesting.

All of my reactions are, of course, highly subjective to my own prejudices. What I really appreciate, and applaud, are your efforts to experiment and grow as a photographer. You've got the skills and it's great to see you stretch in showcasing your visions. Keep up the good work.

Take care,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Art ScottArt Scott Registered Users Posts: 8,959 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2013
    I really like this ... ... well done. Wonderful colors
    "Genuine Fractals was, is and will always be the best solution for enlarging digital photos." ....Vincent Versace ... ... COPYRIGHT YOUR WORK ONLINE ... ... My Website

• JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2013
    redleash wrote: »
    I love this, Juano! Great colors and the kind of abstract I like--hints of detail in the trees and nice reflections. Well done!

Lauren

Thanks a bunch Lauren, I'm glad you liked it!
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins
    edited October 11, 2013
    I've been following your latest efforts in this direction, Cristóbal. The extreme OOF look in the first couple of presentations didn't hold much appeal for me....I liked the colors but I'm just not a fan of so much focus blurring. These last couple shots, including this one, mitigate my position considerably....I like them. The softening of your approach to the OOF presentation makes for images I find much more interesting.

All of my reactions are, of course, highly subjective to my own prejudices. What I really appreciate, and applaud, are your efforts to experiment and grow as a photographer. You've got the skills and it's great to see you stretch in showcasing your visions. Keep up the good work.

Take care,

Tom

Ah my friend, thank you so much for your kind words! As you know, I've been experimenting and I agree with your impressions, I also found the first ones too blurry, but they led me to try superimposing sharp and blurry shots at different levels of transparency. In a way these last shots are like spreading some blur on a sharp shot, a lot of trial and error, not everything lends itself to this approach (believe me I've tried). In any case, I am thrilled that you like some of the results.

Keep well.

Art Scott wrote: »
    I really like this ... ... well done. Wonderful colors
    Thanks!