Petals%20030116%203919%20%281%20of%201%29-XL.jpg

Comments

• Options
    CavalierCavalier Registered Users Posts: 3,034 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2016
  • Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2016
    Yeah, feels much more than just petals...something galactic!
  • Options
    CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2016
    Jo, Taz, thanks.
  • Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2016
    Great image. clap.gif In a sense, it's a very simple...minimalistic, of sorts....picture. But there's a dynamic depth to it that draws me ever deeper into it. A first glance is likely to miss the stronger emotions that are evoked when really looking at it.

I've seen a real advancement, overall, in your work for some time now.... and not just a demonstrable sharpening of photographer-type skills. Considering that the photos we take tell a lot about how we each see the world around us, it's been interesting to me to see some shifts in your work that can be attributed to your growing skills.

I tell you, with the talent some of the guys and gals on this forum have ( and their willingness to share what they know ), it's a great place to learn and develop yourself.

Take care,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    edited March 2, 2016
    Tom, thank you very much for the kind words. I agree about all the talent here, and I'm glad you've detected advancement in my work. I've learned a lot. I've also become a lot more willing to follow my muse and risk failure.
  • Options
    EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2016
    Yes this is for a wall. I love these kinds of shots!! Sort of a mystery as to what it is and detailed at just the right spots.
  • Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2016
    This is very nice! I really like the post work. My only comment is related to the out of focus are in the bottom, I think it is too large, if it was mine I would probably attempt a different crop.

clap.gifclap
  • Options
    bike21bike21 Registered Users Posts: 836 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2016
    Ooh very nice. A tighter crop along the bottom might help it IMO. There is a lot of real estate that doesn't do much for the image. Otherwise very well done!
  • Options
    EaracheEarache Registered Users Posts: 3,533 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2016
    Very nice Don!
    I do differ with the other commenters in that the crop doesn't bother me at all - I like the juxtaposition of the focused, and entire unfocused area.
    Eric ~ Smugmug
  • Options
    edited March 4, 2016
    Eia, Cristobal, bike 21, Eric, a belated thank you for the comments. I understand the comments about the crop. I went back and forth on it but in the end, obviously, decided I wanted the area in the bottom in the image. I'm glad that this one connects with some of you.
  • Options
    CCoopCCoop Registered Users Posts: 511 Major grins
    edited March 7, 2016
    "Our front yard." That's the most outstanding aspect of this photo: your ability to see what is there, to capture it, transform it, and present it so exquisitely. Wow, beautiful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk