gorgeous bride omgawd [sneakpeek]

michaelglennmichaelglenn Registered Users Posts: 442 Major grins
edited December 9, 2012 in Weddings
I second shot for the incredibly talented Brandon Rodkewitz. This bride was seriously gorgeous. Her wedding rocked too. Just wanted to share one my favorites :)

1. i-3Jq2rk4-XL.jpg
wedding portfolio michaelglennphoto.com
fashion portfolio michaelglennfashion.com

Comments

• PhotosbychuckPhotosbychuck Registered Users Posts: 1,239 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2012
    Beautiful
    I think it would help if you crop some off the top.

Chuck Cassidy,
    D300S, 50mm 1.4D,
    www.icurdigital.com
    D300S, 18-200mm VR, 70-300mm VR

Aperture Focus Photography
    http://aperturefocus.com
  • tenoverthenosetenoverthenose Registered Users Posts: 815 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2012
    Head in a clean place .com
  • michaelglennmichaelglenn Registered Users Posts: 442 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2012
    Thanks guys! I kind of like the height sky. I feel like it's almost proportional to where the bride is composed in the shot. It's also advantageous for prints in case I need to cut off some sky to get it to fit properly.
  • karloznzkarloznz Registered Users Posts: 126 Major grins
    edited December 2, 2012
    As per first comment . be better to crop out some of the sky
    Carl Lea Wedding and event photographer - Wellington - Web Site
  • coolpinskycoolpinsky Registered Users Posts: 211 Major grins
    edited December 5, 2012
    nice ! like the brightness
  • OakleyOakley Registered Users Posts: 446 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2012
    They pure joy in her expression is what makes this a great shot. I can't even see the sky past her smile. Shesh! :)
    Ryan Oakley - www.ryanoakleyphotography.ca [My smugmug site]
    www.photographyontheside.com [My blog about creating a part-time photography business]
    Create A Gorgeous Photography Website with Smugmug in 90 Minutes [My free course if you need help setting up and customizing your SmugMug site]
  • Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2012
    Oakley wrote: »
    They pure joy in her expression is what makes this a great shot. I can't even see the sky past her smile. Shesh! :)

I couldn't agree more...it's a nice shot of her expressing happiness. It would be even nicer, if you had her camera left and didn't have the horizon running through her head. And lose some of the dead space at the top of the image.

Just some food for thought.
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
  • VayCayMomVayCayMom Registered Users Posts: 1,870 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2012
    GREAT shot, thanks for posting!

There is a difference between feeling good, wanting to share a quick sneak peek and that of a perfectly manicured photograph that is about to be printed in a large size and asking for C&C. Like another member I also saw the beauty of the bride, her smile, the light and a sense of the occasion that delighted you! I get very excited and I don't always wait to be perfectly finished before I post. This post was perfect for what it was, a taste of the event.
    Trudy
    www.CottageInk.smugmug.com

NIKON D700
  • michaelglennmichaelglenn Registered Users Posts: 442 Major grins
    edited December 9, 2012
    Thanks for all the comments and critique guys! Much appreciated :D
    VayCayMom wrote: »
    GREAT shot, thanks for posting!

There is a difference between feeling good, wanting to share a quick sneak peek and that of a perfectly manicured photograph that is about to be printed in a large size and asking for C&C. Like another member I also saw the beauty of the bride, her smile, the light and a sense of the occasion that delighted you! I get very excited and I don't always wait to be perfectly finished before I post. This post was perfect for what it was, a taste of the event.

This was exactly the feeling. I can usually get solid candid shots, but this shot in particular expressed how she felt about her day, the vibe, everything. The wedding itself was incredible. The most extravagant outdoor wedding I have ever been to.

I recently got the rights to publicly post work from this wedding. I will eventually make a blog post about it once I catch up on other wedding business!