Point Cartwright - Sunshine Coast - Australia

Meta4Meta4 Registered Users Posts: 200 Major grins
edited December 22, 2014 in Journeys
I keep going back to Point Cartwright only half an hour's drive from home because there is so much to see and it looks great from so many angles and times of the day.
It's got rocky headland, river mouth entrance, boat harbour and marina, yachts and fishing boats, luxury waterfront houses and ocean beaches. It's the perfect place for my flying camera to get a little exercise.

PC_pan_1-XL.jpg

DJI03076a-XL.jpg

DJI03069a-XL.jpg

Sharp%20Shooter_2-XL.jpg

DJI01212a-XL.jpg

DJI00163AA-XL.jpg

PC_pan_2-XL.jpg

i-BQ4TNgZ-XL.jpg

Comments

• 1andyw1andyw Registered Users Posts: 67 Big grins
    edited October 25, 2014
    Amazing!
  • ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,904 moderator
    edited October 25, 2014
    I really like seeing the aerial shots. They're just different and offer such spectacular views.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Meta4Meta4 Registered Users Posts: 200 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2014
    Yes .. aerial literally adds a new dimension to photography and opens up so many new angles to shoot from.
    After dragging a camera around on the ground for years, it's great to be able to send the camera out almost anywhere you can imagine.
    Here are two more different angles from the same area just because it's so photogenic.

Point%20Cartwright_3-XL.jpg

Mooloolaba%20YC-XL.jpg
    edited December 10, 2014
    It's great to have a location that offers so much. Different light, different angles make for different pictures.
    4632-4-XL.jpg

DJI04727a-XL.jpg

DJI04699a-XL.jpg

DJI04771a-XL.jpg
  • Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2014
    Just great, what a lovely perspective to shoot from impossible! hope to see more

thanks
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited December 20, 2014
    These are really amazing! I wonder if you had any flack with using a drone.. I appreciate that it allows the common person like myself to See views like this. I hope that drones are used appropriately and we don't have to get into a quagmire with their uses. Like anything else let's hope for the good. Still these are really fantastic and the photo of the drone itself is awesome!
  • CavalierCavalier Registered Users Posts: 3,030 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2014
    edited December 22, 2014
    Thanks .. and in answer, No - I've never caught any flack using my flying camera.
    You can see from the pics that I'm not using it where it would be close to people or annoying.
    But I do get a lot of people interested to see it and what it can do.
    Here's one more - a nice 4 image panorama from my favourite location ....
    1609-12-X2.jpg