Pricing for large print at conference?

Tom FosterTom Foster Registered Users Posts: 289 Major grins
edited April 27, 2015 in Mind Your Own Business
I've been asked for a 5m x 1.5m print of a photo for a one off use at an international conference. Not sure who the client is yet as they seem to be going through a 3rd party. They were asking for how much I would charge for that. Any idea of a rough ball park figure to start with? No idea as haven't ever done everything that big! :)

Comments

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,764 moderator
    edited April 18, 2015
    Tom Foster wrote: »
    ... a 5m x 1.5m print of a photo for a one off use at an international conference. ...

If that's the only description of need, I don't think that it's possible to quote anything realistic.

Is this for a poster print of one of your existing photos? Some new subject matter?

When they say, "a one off use", does that mean they will return the photo to you? Destroy it after use?

Mounting requirements?

Do they want you to frame the print?

What print process is acceptable?

Hanger/suspension system?

Etc., etc., etc. ....
    ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • Tom FosterTom Foster Registered Users Posts: 289 Major grins
    edited April 27, 2015
    Sorry, didn't see your message. It was for providing the digital file for them to sort out printing and it was an image I had already taken. I'd emailed them back to ask for more details but turned out the event at the conference had been cancelled and they didn't need a banner anymore obviously. Annoying! ;)