Remember me?

tenoverthenosetenoverthenose Registered Users Posts: 815 Major grins
edited November 17, 2012 in Weddings
Things get busy with work and suddenly I forget to share all the goodness we're doing :) Here's a wedding from the summer time in Yosemite. It's strange to look back on these - already the park looks so different!

As always, more on the blog :)

Destination-Wedding-in-Wawona-with-Lisa-and-Garrett.jpg

024_Destination_Wedding_at_Wawona_Hotel_with_Lisa_and_Garrett_.jpg

039_Destination_Wedding_at_Wawona_Hotel_with_Lisa_and_Garrett_.jpg

054_Destination_Wedding_at_Wawona_Hotel_with_Lisa_and_Garrett_.jpg

Wawona-Wedding-First-Dance.jpg

6. (a few from a photobooth)
Wawona-Wedding-Photobooth.jpg

Cheers!
Patrick

Comments

• Moogle PepperMoogle Pepper Registered Users Posts: 2,950 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2012
    yep. I forgot about you. rolleyes1.gif
    Food & Culture.
    www.tednghiem.com
  • Matthew SavilleMatthew Saville Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,352 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2012
    Totally forgot all about you and your mad skill.

With a little bit of burning and dodging to help his dark-colored suit, that first image might be even more breathtaking in B&W. :-)

=Matt=
    My first thought is always of light.” – Galen Rowell
    My SmugMug PortfolioMy Astro-Landscape Photo BlogDgrin Weddings Forum
  • FlyNavyFlyNavy Registered Users Posts: 1,350 Major grins
    edited November 8, 2012
  • tenoverthenosetenoverthenose Registered Users Posts: 815 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2012
    Thanks everyone ;)
    With a little bit of burning and dodging to help his dark-colored suit, that first image might be even more breathtaking in B&W. :-)

=Matt=

I'll have to give that a go Matt. for whatever reason, I've been thinking more in the terms of color lately but I think you're right on that frame. Thanks!
  • nicoleshillidaynicoleshilliday Registered Users Posts: 549 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2012
    I follow you on FB so really, I can't forget about you and your wonderful work. I had a similar, oh crap, i haven't posted in almost a year post the other day :) Now that i am having a little more down time, i can even comment on your stunning work in my most favorite place ever.

Question about your photobooth? Why white? i like it, but am wondering if you picked white for a reason. I am always afraid with white that the bide will get lost in the shot. I have been getting more and more requests for a booth and am liking what i see.
    Nicole
    D3, and other Nikon goodies
    Shilliday Photography
    Blog
    Facebook
    edited November 12, 2012
    Question about your photobooth? Why white? i like it, but am wondering if you picked white for a reason. I am always afraid with white that the bide will get lost in the shot. I have been getting more and more requests for a booth and am liking what i see.

I shoot with white because it looks good and it's easy :) I'm using a Lastolte HiLite. It's completely free standing and I can set it up super quick. It's a basic two light setup - one for a main light, one for the HiLite. Plus, it folds up and fits in my car and doesn't show wrinkles.

As for getting the brides white dress lost on a white background, just make sure your main light is set a bit under your background and you're done.
  • nicoleshillidaynicoleshilliday Registered Users Posts: 549 Major grins
    edited November 12, 2012
    I shoot with white because it looks good and it's easy :) I'm using a Lastolte HiLite. It's completely free standing and I can set it up super quick. It's a basic two light setup - one for a main light, one for the HiLite. Plus, it folds up and fits in my car and doesn't show wrinkles.

As for getting the brides white dress lost on a white background, just make sure your main light is set a bit under your background and you're done.

Thanks pat, i love how simple they are. something i need to look into and practice in the off season :)
    Nicole
    D3, and other Nikon goodies
    Shilliday Photography
    Blog
    Facebook
  • ShimaShima Registered Users Posts: 2,547 Major grins
    edited November 17, 2012
    I could never forget you :) Great set!
    BTW - your blog does seem to have forgotten about me, my link no longer exists for my engagement photos. Oh well, guess they expired, heh. :)
    edited November 17, 2012
    Shima wrote: »
    I could never forget you :) Great set!
    BTW - your blog does seem to have forgotten about me, my link no longer exists for my engagement photos. Oh well, guess they expired, heh. :)

Thanks Cat :) Sorry about your engagement session - I changed up my blog/website a while back and still haven't had a chance to add in all of my past work. Just something else to do if I ever have a free chance...