Engagement Set at Brazos Bend Park, Texas. Ridiculous natural light!

p27rpyp27rpy Registered Users Posts: 520 Major grins
edited October 31, 2012 in Weddings
Recently shot these out at Brazos Bend State Park here near Houston. We had some absolutely amazing natural light that day, I wish every session could be like this one!

You can see the entire set on my blog: http://theo-graphics.com/blog/downing-engagement/

1-X3.jpg
3-X3.jpg
6-X3.jpg
5-X3.jpg
9-X3.jpg
10-X3.jpg
13-X3.jpg
16-X3.jpg
18-X3.jpg
19-X3.jpg
20-X3.jpg
21-X3.jpg
24-X3.jpg
27-X3.jpg
28-X2.jpg
30-X2.jpg

You can watch the slideshow video here if you'd like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yB7jDzvev5U&hd=1

Comments

• lilmommalilmomma Registered Users Posts: 1,060 Major grins
    edited September 19, 2012
    DANG the muscles on that dude!

love them, all of them.
  • jonathanlord31jonathanlord31 Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
    edited September 20, 2012
    Very nice snaps love all. Specially 9, 10, 11, 13, 14, 15....
  • staypuffinpcstaypuffinpc Registered Users Posts: 80 Big grins
    edited September 20, 2012
    Thor?

11 is my fav
    {something witty here}
  • dawssvtdawssvt Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2012
    I love this set! I would love it more if they were dressed up a little more. One thing that improved my sessions ten fold was writing up a wardrobe suggestion that I send all my clients before shoots. They rarely come in polos and jeans anymore when this used to be the norm! You have an eye for this - help the couple make your photos even better!

Website
    My Smugmug

My Canon Gear:
    5DMII | 24-105mm f/4L | 45mm TS/E | 135mm f/2.0L | 70-200mm f/2.8L IS | 50mm f/1.4
    | 580EX II & 430EX

• joshhuntnmjoshhuntnm Registered Users Posts: 1,924 Major grins
    edited October 12, 2012
    dawssvt wrote: »
    I love this set! I would love it more if they were dressed up a little more. One thing that improved my sessions ten fold was writing up a wardrobe suggestion that I send all my clients before shoots. They rarely come in polos and jeans anymore when this used to be the norm! You have an eye for this - help the couple make your photos even better!

Good idea!
  • cj99sicj99si Registered Users Posts: 880 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2012

I disagree completely, they will be plenty dressed up for the wedding.

To the OP, #9 in color is the stuff! To many other great ones to list!
  • JamesbjenkinsJamesbjenkins Registered Users Posts: 435 Major grins
    edited October 17, 2012
    Theo, this is my third time seeing this set (this thread, your FB, your blog.) Gotta say, I really dig your style. Your posing is very strong! I'm borrowing some of these for my e-shoot on Saturday... ;-)
    Proofing: clients.captured-photos.com
    Facebook: Like Me || Twitter: Follow Me
    Gear: Lots of Nikon bodies & glass, an office full of tools and toys
  • coolpinskycoolpinsky Registered Users Posts: 211 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2012
    there are some nice shots - good job !
    however, my favorite is no 8 - the color one. and .... why you didnt put them on the road on the last one image ? would be great I guess.
    btw .... the guy is BIG !
  • FoquesFoques Registered Users Posts: 1,951 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2012
    damn.. look at those genetics!
    great set!
    Arseny - the too honest guy.
    My Site
    My Facebook
  • shawncshawnc Registered Users Posts: 674 Major grins
    edited October 29, 2012

Do you have a standard wardrobe suggestion form that you use with all you r clients or is it amended for each couple/shoot?

If it a standard form, can you share with us or post a link to a snap shot or PDF?
  • Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited October 30, 2012
    Very nice...good work...like the post processing.
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
  • naknak Registered Users Posts: 79 Big grins
    edited October 30, 2012
    #7, with the two of them sitting on the truck looking at the camera, may not have high selling power, but I would say it has high *staying* power. The kind of shot that goes on the mantle and 40 years later is still on the mantle, looked at every day. The kind of shot they'll ask you to shoot again in 25 years.
  • lifeinfocuslifeinfocus Registered Users Posts: 1,461 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2012
    15 is my favorite. Nice work!
    Phil
    http://www.PhilsImaging.com
    "You don't take a photograph, you make it." ~Ansel Adams
    Phil
  • TGAllenTGAllen Registered Users Posts: 161 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2012
    Great pics! I'm sure they are thrilled with these.