Mini-challenge #201 - Animal Pairs - Results

CavalierCavalier Registered Users Posts: 3,030 Major grins
edited February 23, 2015 in The Dgrin Challenges
Well, you folks certainly didn't make it easy to select the "best of the best" here. After much deliberation, here are my thoughts and the final selections:
Honorable mentions:
- Tatiana - "I'm gonna catchya" - love how the ducks are in line as if one was chasing the other. Nice clarity as well.

- Sdways01 - "Cows watching traffic" - nice catch and good humor on this one. The cow on the left looks like she is giving a play-by-play.

- GrandmaR - Your Wood Stork shot - I like the reflections and the little duck in between.

- Paul (Hammy8241) - Gannets - I like the clarity of this shot and in particular the expression of the bird in the water.

- Tony - goats -So how did you get them to pose for you with their bling on? Good shot. I like the donkey shot as well.

- Kate (Kdotaylor) - Beetles - (At least I think they are beetles) - Good macro and great colors.

- Alan - Common Blues - lovely shot with great color and DOF.

- Eric - Flamingos - Well, this is almost a perfect mirror shot! I love this one! #24 and 38 are good looking birds.

- Don - Kittens in a bowl - This turns out to be a good mirror shot as well. It's amazing where and how cats will curl up.

- Lauren (redleash) - Pair of Labs - wonderful expression on both of them as if they were really interested in what someone was saying. Or was there a biscuit in their future? Nice shot.

And now the final three:

Third place - Lillian (Ikbart) - Butterflies playing footsies. Beautifully done and another mirror shot. Great composition as well.

Second place - Gretchen (Sapphire73) - Mountain Goats in Colorado. What's not to love - goats + Colorado + BW? Great catch. They appear to be a little worried about the next step!

First place - PuzzeledPaul - Morning Constitutional. What a shot! Composition, reflection, the outstanding DOF and beautiful colors.

Congratulations PuzzeledPaul for winning Mini #201. The ball is now in your court!

Comments

• puzzledpaulpuzzledpaul Registered Users Posts: 1,621 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2015
    Well done to all - for making Jo's task a difficult one :) ...and thanks Jo for choosing my shot ...especially as it nearly never existed (as mentioned in the other thread)
    I'll have an overnight ponder re 202.

pp
  • sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,942 moderator
    edited February 20, 2015
    Jo, thank you for the nod for second place and for giving feedback on so many of the entries. And hearty congratulations to Paul on a well-deserved first place! clap.gif
  • DonRicklinDonRicklin Registered Users Posts: 5,551 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2015
    Cavalier, thanks for the honorable mention. Great pick for first place! Waiting on the next one, PuzzledPaul.

Don

Sent from my SM-T530NU using Tapatalk
    Don Ricklin - Gear: Canon EOS 5D Mark III, was Pentax K7
    'I was older then, I'm younger than that now' ....
    My Blog | Q+ | Moderator, Lightroom Forums | My Amateur Smugmug Stuff | My Blurb book Rust and Whimsy. More Rust , FaceBook
  • travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2015
    Congratuations Paul, really nice shot I liked it as well when I first saw it! clap.gif

Thank you for mentioning my "I'm gonna catchya!" - they WERE really chasing each other - it was spring time :)

Congratulations to all - such nice entries! clap.gif

To the next one now! :)
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • Alans GrinAlans Grin Registered Users Posts: 346 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2015
    Great mini.
    Congrats Paul.

Alan - on the road in Spain
  • lkbartlkbart Registered Users Posts: 1,912 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2015
    Congrats to Paul - very sweet image! Lots of great shots & wonderful feedback! - & thanks for the 3d place - cool!
    ~Lillian~
    A photograph is an artistic expression of life, captured one moment at a time . . .
    http://bartlettphotoart.smugmug.com/
  • JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited February 23, 2015
    Congrates Paul and all the runner ups! Great round Jo!