• Options
    bfjrbfjr Registered Users Posts: 10,980 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2010
    #4 for me thumb.gif

Do I see a tilt here and there rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2010
    I like to wait and respond to responses generally, but the tilt question...Yes, I'm sure you see that my internal level isn't always on 'true' on a moving subway, being jostled by other riders - as as there is a touch of softness in a few images. But am I consciously tilting to attempt to make nothing into something?mwink.gif No. :D
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2010
    Hey B.D.,

You ought to get off that Vespa more often. Your recent postings from the " T " have been some of your best. Several have been outstanding.

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    SeefutlungSeefutlung Registered Users Posts: 2,781 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2010
    The lack of interaction, as captured by your lens, between people on the public tranportation is quite surprising. (I live in LA where there is a significant dearth of Ts, El's and Metros ... so this is all kinda new to moi.)

Your last shot shows some communication but the entire background is focused elsewhere.

Gary
    My snaps can be found here:
    Unsharp at any Speed
  • Options
    bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2010
    Seefutlung wrote: »
    The lack of interaction, as captured by your lens, between people on the public tranportation is quite surprising. (I live in LA where there is a significant dearth of Ts, El's and Metros ... so this is all kinda new to moi.)

Your last shot shows some communication but the entire background is focused elsewhere.

Gary

Thanks Tom, and thanks Gary. That isolation - lack of interest - was the focus of a project I did a couple of years ago called "Alone, Together," documenting riders on the T. There's a large selection of those photos on my website, and about 30 of them are in the permanent collection of the Boston Public Library. And Tom, my daughter agrees with you about the Vespa - she commented that the Vespa's dumping me back onto the T was definitely good for my photography, if not my blood pressure. :-) (But hopefully I'll be back on the road above ground soon.)
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • Options
    BrewsterBrewster Registered Users Posts: 117 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2010
    # 1 does it for me.............
    5 different people, alone in 5 very different places in their minds.clap.gif