My second try at timelapse and I'm pretty pleased! FUN!!!

kluanelakerkluanelaker Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
edited April 22, 2010 in Video
Time lapse of Kluane Lake and Sheep Mountain after Spring storm. I took over 5400 pictures in a period of 7.5 hours until my cameras batteries died...right before sunset! The pictures were taken from the Kluane Bed and Breakfast near Silver City along the Alaska Highway in Canada's Yukon Territory. I used my Olympus SP-500UZ point-n-shoot controlled via USB with Cam2com to shoot. Quicktime Pro to edit the image sequence into a movie and import the audio. The music is "Dialogue du vent et de la mer" by Debussy, public domain from musopen.com, I trimmed it and edited in a fade out with Audacity. Oh ya, and I borrowed Dougie's tripod. So all in all for my second attempt at time lapse and with a non-pro camera and only $30 in expenses (QTpro) I am feeling pretty darn pleased with myself! Hope you enjoy. No Magpies or Whiskyjacks were harmed during the making of this film. One cat was made anxious...nobody really minded. Need more practice with the big scary "M" setting, things got a little blown out, still cool!

<object width="660" height="405"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/zghltUjd79c&hl=en_GB&fs=1&rel=0&border=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/zghltUjd79c&hl=en_GB&fs=1&rel=0&border=1&quot; type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="660" height="405"></embed></object>

Comments

• DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2010
    Cool!

Just an FYI, you could paste the embed code directly in your post for viewing inline. deal.gif
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • kluanelakerkluanelaker Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited April 3, 2010
    Thanks!
    DavidTO wrote:
    Cool!

Just an FYI, you could paste the embed code directly in your post for viewing inline. deal.gif
    I was trying to get that figured out! Thanks!clap.gif
  • BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited April 3, 2010
    Very nicely done. I like it.
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
  • rgphotorgphoto Registered Users Posts: 251 Major grins
    edited April 22, 2010
    Very nice! I love those birds haha
    website | blog | twitter | facebook

Nikon d700, sb-600 external flash Sigma 50mm f/1.4 EX DG HSM, AF NIKKOR 70-300mm 1:4-5.6 D, AF-S NIKKOR 18-70mm 1:3.5-4.5 G, AF Promaster Macro

Using photography to pay for engineering school is a bad business plan.